DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   WANTED: SWMBO (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/117269-wanted-swmbo.html)

Quick Turnings August 17th 05 05:30 AM

WANTED: SWMBO

I am looking for a used SWMBO in the Las Vegas area that is interested
in me spending lots of money on power tools, hand tools and other fine
woodworking equipment. Preferrably her money than mine but that can
be negotiable. Looks are desirable but not a must.

Please reply via email with telephone number and address
where she can be seen.

Quick Turner

Jock August 17th 05 06:22 AM

www.oprah.com
Jock

Jock August 17th 05 06:23 AM

hehe btw.
Jock

Jock August 17th 05 09:56 AM

She Who Must Be Obeyed (aka the missus)
Comes from Rumpole of the Bailey (BBC TV)
Jock

LRod August 17th 05 11:58 AM

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:56:19 GMT, "Jock"
wrote:

She Who Must Be Obeyed (aka the missus)
Comes from Rumpole of the Bailey (BBC TV)

Comes from a lot farther back than that. Check my website.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Swingman August 17th 05 12:08 PM

"Jock" wrote in message
She Who Must Be Obeyed (aka the missus)
Comes from Rumpole of the Bailey (BBC TV)
Jock

Only if you've been raised on TV ... it actually comes from H. Rider
Haggard, circa 1920, a bit before BBC TV.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/07/05

Jock August 17th 05 12:10 PM

I'm young :)
Jock

Jock August 17th 05 12:13 PM

good research.
thanks, Jock

LRod August 17th 05 02:31 PM

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:08:01 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"Jock" wrote in message
She Who Must Be Obeyed (aka the missus)
Comes from Rumpole of the Bailey (BBC TV)
Jock

Only if you've been raised on TV ... it actually comes from H. Rider
Haggard, circa 1920, a bit before BBC TV.

Try 1885, even longer before BBC TV.

Gary August 17th 05 07:20 PM

"Quick Turnings" wrote in message
I am looking for a used SWMBO in the Las Vegas area that is interested
in me spending lots of money on power tools, hand tools and other fine
woodworking equipment. Preferrably her money than mine but that can
be negotiable. Looks are desirable but not a must.

Please reply via email with telephone number and address
where she can be seen.

Quick Turner

Try Mrs. Black, or Mrs. Decker, or Mrs. Porter or Mrs. Cable. They're
"used" and would love for you to spend all of YOUR money on tools and
equipment. Forget about Mrs. Sears, she's cheap and superficial. g

Dan Major August 17th 05 09:48 PM

I hear Ms. Harbor-Freight is available (if you like oriental girls).

Obfuscated August 18th 05 02:43 AM

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 04:30:13 +0000, Quick Turnings wrote:

I am looking for a used SWMBO in the Las Vegas area that is interested
in me spending lots of money on power tools, hand tools and other fine
woodworking equipment. Preferrably her money than mine but that can
be negotiable. Looks are desirable but not a must.

Please reply via email with telephone number and address
where she can be seen.

Quick Turner

SWMBO's like that are rare and seldom recycled.

Tim and Steph August 21st 05 04:38 AM

I got one! Had her for 11 years. Neener neener!

SWMBO's like that are rare and seldom recycled.

Obfuscated August 23rd 05 05:57 AM

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 03:38:52 +0000, Tim and Steph wrote:

I got one! Had her for 11 years. Neener neener!

SWMBO's like that are rare and seldom recycled.

Me too ... mine doesn't even come in the shop (basement) until I call
for her to come look at a finished piece but will occaisionally suggest I
get a new major tool and will accompany me to the tool place and the
lumberyard.

$13 bf rosewood? No problem.

Major gem.