Default Making furniture from a grand piano

I have aquired a grand piano that has sentimental value to me. I've
looked into getting it restored but the cost far exceeds the value as a
piano.

I already own a piano and don't really have room for a grand-piano
sized object of interest. I do, however, need a desk.

Has anyone ever seen a project whereby a grand piano is rebuilt as a
desk?

This is a small 5-6 foot grand piano made about a hundred years ago. It
is made from mahogany and mahogany plywood.

Thanks!

BillyBob

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have aquired a grand piano that has sentimental value to me. I've
looked into getting it restored but the cost far exceeds the value as a
piano.

I was a bit curious. Is this one of the New York state pianos by any chance?
What were you looking at for restoration cost? Some of these old pianos
were magnificent. I think a fully restored one goes for about $6k-$8k. It
pains me to hear about putting it out to pasture as a desk.

Bob

This is a North Carolina piano.

The original estimate for restoration was ~4-6k

The restorer called and said I could come pick it up for $150.00 and
that he would not recommend any additional work. Cracked sound board.
Delaminated pin board. Etc, etc. etc.