Cubby

Default Grizzly G0586 Jointer

Hiya Folks,
I bought a Sunhill 6" jointer around 1-2 years ago. It's worked great
for me. However, I keep looking at the Grizzly G0586 Jointer and am
wondering. Has anyone used/purchased one of these yet? Looks like
the specs are the same as one of their other jointers that's priced a
few hundred more. I did a search and not much turned up. Just
curious. Interestingly, I'm also considering routing the $$ into
Shepherd Tool and get a plane kit or two. Hmmmm, decisions!
Cheers,
cc

Duane Bozarth

James \"Cubby\" Culbertson wrote:

Nobody has this jointer or used it? BTT

Oh, I'm sure they've sold at least one

--but that doesn't mean there's anybody who read r.w that has one as
it's a pretty small population overall...
jo4hn

"Cubby" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hiya Folks,
I bought a Sunhill 6" jointer around 1-2 years ago. It's worked great
for me. However, I keep looking at the Grizzly G0586 Jointer and am
wondering. Has anyone used/purchased one of these yet? Looks like
the specs are the same as one of their other jointers that's priced a
few hundred more. I did a search and not much turned up. Just
curious. Interestingly, I'm also considering routing the $$ into
Shepherd Tool and get a plane kit or two. Hmmmm, decisions!
Cheers,
cc

I do have the G0500 which appears to be similar. I like that machine a lot.
mahalo,
jo4hn
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

I do have the G0500 which appears to be similar. I like that machine a
lot.
mahalo,
jo4hn

John,
Thanks for the input. That's the model I was comparing it too and to be
honest, I can't see any mechanical differences between the two. Specs are
the same, weight is very similar, etc....and yet the G0586 is around $250
cheaper. Just didn't make sense to me so thought I'd ask to see if anyone
has actually used one of these or seen one up close. Appreciate the
feedback!
Cheers,
cc