nospambob

Default Mohawk trained?

Our painter is tired of 20+ years of interior/exterior house painting
and wonders what is next in his life. I recalled a comment recently
about being Mohawk "trained" but couldn't find anything searching
recent subjects in the wreck so thought I'd ask for anything related.
He has done some furniture finishing, some schtuff I built, and a
career of finishing/refinishing seems to me a viable next turn. Would
appreciate links to training for the subject or suggestions.
bridger

if he wants to work in some actual woodworking with advanced finishing
stuff, antiques restoration is a profitable field....

Robatoy

In article ,
nospambob wrote:

Our painter is tired of 20+ years of interior/exterior house painting
and wonders what is next in his life. I recalled a comment recently
about being Mohawk "trained" but couldn't find anything searching
recent subjects in the wreck so thought I'd ask for anything related.
He has done some furniture finishing, some schtuff I built, and a
career of finishing/refinishing seems to me a viable next turn. Would
appreciate links to training for the subject or suggestions.

Mohawk deals mostly with repairing stuff, AFAIR.

That was part of a convo between neon and I about some speakers he wants
to repair/refinish.

The Mohawk peeps are all over the planet. The repair 'systems' can deal
with vinyl, leather, naugahides etc as well... not just wood-(grains).
Many options.

(If finishing is his choice, get in touch with your local distributor
for M.L.Campbell. Great bunch of people and some solid training.)
http://www.mlcampbell.com/

The Mohawk stuff appeared in this post:
----------------

In article ,
neon ** wrote:

Google is not my friend. Got a number or url for Mohawk?

http://www.mohawk-finishing.com/default.asp

And what is"Mohawk trained"?

As so often happens, they were apparently bought by some other outfit.
Richelieu now carries their goodies.
Here is a URL which has some FAQ's and Ask The Expert links. I hope this
helps.

http://www.mohawk-finishing.com/dist...asp?distNbr=76

And what is"Mohawk trained"?

What you are looking for, is someone who took a course like this:

http://www.mohawk-finishing.com/seminar_wood.asp

Insurance companies have contacts with people like that. Some of the
really good ones are employed full-time by furniture manufacturers.

It helps that your projects are portable.

People who aren't colour blind and have a knack for this sorta thing are
very employable.

Good luck!

Rob
Baron

Their website is:

http://www.mohawk-finishing.com/

They are a very good professional company and are very free with
information about their products.

Good Luck.