Glen

Default plane id help

I just picked up a plane at a yard sale ($5.00) and I've Googled up the
wazoo, but I cant find out anything about it. I posted a picture of it
on ABPW.

It is 10" long, 3 3/4" tall, it tapers front to back 1/2" to 1". It is
stamped front and side "S.B. Lee" and on the side only "Pat. Pending."

Any id help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glen
Guess who

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:23:27 GMT, Glen wrote:

I just picked up a plane at a yard sale ($5.00)
Any id help would be appreciated.

Can't see it in perspective, but I'd think a router rather than a
plane ...one to be pulled perhaps, not pushed ...and old! Go to an
antique dealer; one that deals in old tools if possible.

Mike W

Hi Glen,

Looks like a user made router (as the other poster said). Because of its
shape, I would think it was made for the person to clean out dados or
something. Would it be possible to see another pic from straight on?

I wouldn't be too persuaded by the pat pend stamped into it. But ya never
know.

From a users perspective, you can see in the picture why the design wouldn't
have gone over big, though. The tension on the clamp that holds the blade
has split the wood.

Pretty cool nonetheless. Good find.

Mike

ink.net...