John

Default Adventures in family woodworking

Yesterday my daughter (age 6) threw a two hour tantrum over doll clothing,
so I decided that it was time to drag her ass out to the woodshop and
expand her horizons beyond dolls and unicorns. I figured we'd build a
****ing bird house. I'd do all the dangerous stuff, and she would do lame
**** like apply glue and paint.

We went out there, and the grumpy little bitch didn't want to do anything
so she sat on the floor and refused to budge. So I grabbed her ****ing
dolly and threatened to saw its head off; that got the little **** moving.
All she would do is stand there, with her arms crossed and pouting. But I
figured that was the best I could expect from her, so I got started on the
damn bird house. I made her watch everything. Then I made her put glue on
the edges of some of the pieces, which went about as well as expected --
complaining, whining, and a big mess.

A few hours later, the bird house glued and clamped, we left the shop. My
daughter ran straight to her bedroom and slammed the door shut. Yeesh.

I sure hope that little brat grows a spectacular set of knockers when she
hits puberty, because it looks to me like sluttiness is going to be her
only hope of contributing anything AT ALL to society. To hell with
woodworking; in a few years, her slag mother can start imparting some of
HER vast knowledge of banging guys in exchange for shallow flattery.

BTW, has anybody got blueprints for a paddle?
Glen

John wrote:
[...]

I wonder how much her attitude has to do with yours.

Glen
Dave in Fairfax

John wrote:
snip

Interesting that you'd admit to child abuse and think that your addy
can't be traced back.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net
Swingman

"Dave in Fairfax" wrote in message
John wrote:
snip

Interesting that you'd admit to child abuse and think that your addy
can't be traced back.
Dave in Fairfax

.... and what was that you said the other day about DFTFT?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/07/05

Dave in Fairfax

Swingman wrote:
... and what was that you said the other day about DFTFT?

A good point. Did you forward it to his ISP and the fed?
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.patinatools.org

John

Glen wrote in
nk.net:
John wrote:
[...]

I don't see how my ****ing attitude would have a goddamn thing to do with
hers. I blame it on her mom.
John

Dave in Fairfax wrote in news:42FB3B74.256400D7
@fairfax.com:

John wrote:
snip

Interesting that you'd admit to child abuse and think that your addy
can't be traced back.
Dave in Fairfax

Interesting that you think teaching a child how to build a bird house is
abusive.

You must have had a traumatic experience with a table saw when you were a
lad.
RonB

I read through most of this expecting a punchline. I don't suppose the
crosspost to 'fam.woodworking' is a clue to his true motive.

In any case this guy is a piece of work.

RonB

Cyrille de Brébisson

Hello,

Language was a little bit abusive, even for someone just venting out and
being ****ed off, but I had a good laugh :-)

cyrille

"John" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Leon

I can not quite pin point it but I see you as one or several of the
following.

1. You are a troll.
2. Generally your child will act just like you.
3. You are an ungrateful SOB and God let you have children despite your
personality.
4. You have had 6 years to raise and learn to hate your daughter.

I could go on but you probably already realize what you really are. With a
lot of hard work you may change for the better.

"John" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Obvious troll guys.

Quit responding.

Why would you respond to this jackass anyway?

Robert

Bjarte Runderheim

"Glen" wrote in message
nk.net...
John wrote:
Yesterday my daughter (age 6) threw a two hour tantrum over doll
clothing, so I decided that it was time to drag her ass out to the
woodshop and expand her horizons beyond dolls and unicorns. I figured
we'd build a ****ing bird house. I'd do all the dangerous stuff, and she
would do lame **** like apply glue and paint.

I wonder how much her attitude has to do with yours.

Do'nt you guys recognize a troll when you see one?

What does that say about your own levels of childraising?

Bjarte

Bruce Barnett

John writes:

+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+
| |
| |
.\|.||/..

Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
Obvious troll guys.

Quit responding.

Why would you respond to this jackass anyway?

Robert

Seems as though you added your name to the list, right under mine.

Upscale

"Dave in Fairfax" wrote in message

Interesting that you'd admit to child abuse and think that your addy
can't be traced back.

I just figured he was trolling and not worth the bother.

D Steck

Bruce,

Have you ever collected your $500 for SPAM? If so, I'm changing my
signature line!!!

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message
John writes:

+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+
| |
| |
.\|.||/..

Dave Mundt

Greetings and salutations...

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:20:33 GMT, "Bjarte Runderheim"
wrote:

"Glen" wrote in message
ink.net...
John wrote:
Yesterday my daughter (age 6) threw a two hour tantrum over doll
clothing, so I decided that it was time to drag her ass out to the
woodshop and expand her horizons beyond dolls and unicorns. I figured
we'd build a ****ing bird house. I'd do all the dangerous stuff, and she
would do lame **** like apply glue and paint.

I wonder how much her attitude has to do with yours.

Do'nt you guys recognize a troll when you see one?

What does that say about your own levels of childraising?

Bjarte

I thought it WAS a great parody, in the spirit of Swift's "A
modest proposal", and got quite a laugh out of it. Shucks,
considering some of the joyous moments I see with my sister's kids,
I thought it was understated at times.
Especially the stubborn poutiness of the girl *smile*.
Regards
Dave Mundt

FA; eBay: Woodworking books videos Zak Woodturning 9 October 23rd 04 03:38 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Is there a FAQ? Neil Woods Woodworking 4 August 21st 03 05:46 PM
SF Bay Area Woodworking Open House Jeff Woodworking 1 August 3rd 03 12:10 AM