Genedoc

Default Arbor Bearing Help

I have checked the archives and tried to perform due dilegence before
posting but still have need for some basic help. I was given a
Craftsman Model 100 table saw. It is made by Emerson, Model #
113.29991. I have cleaned it up and have it running and it does seem
to cut O.K. Before running it the former owner and I noted that with
no belt or blade on the saw, the arbor had some play and a bit of
noise. Now, I do not detect any wobble when cutting or hearing
bearings scream, but replacing the bearing seems not to far off. What
I need is help in how to get the casting that contains the arbor off
the trunion assembly. Any help or a little hand holding for a
woodturner moving into woodworking would be appreciated. To be fair, I
will try to answer any questions you have about DNA ;-). TIA David

bridger

the saws sold by sears had more design changes made to them over the
years than a person could reasonably keep track of. without having a
saw of that model in front of me I can't directly be of help.

however, over on OWWM:
http://www.owwm.com

there is at least one owner of the same saw:
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id=1337

and lots of very knowledgeable folks who like to tinker with old
machinery.

and tell Keeter hi for us.

Lew Hodgett

bridger wrote:
the saws sold by sears had more design changes made to them over the
years than a person could reasonably keep track of. without having a
saw of that model in front of me I can't directly be of help.

SFWIW, Craftsman saws used a basic 202 ball bearing until some time in
the early 50's when they changed to a basic 203 ball bearing.

The OD of the 202 & 203 are identical but the inner bores are different.

At one time Sears made available a 203 bearing & shaft ass'y as a
renewal part item.

Not sure if the still offer it.

BTW, the 203 has a 0.699 bore. The shaft extension will be machined to
0.625 and threaded with a 5/8-11 thd which should help you identify what
you have.

Lew

You can get an exploded view with part numbers from www.sears.com , go
to parts and enter your saws model number.

They show the operators guide and parts manual as available.

Frank Campbell

In article .com,
Genedoc wrote:

I have checked the archives and tried to perform due dilegence before
posting but still have need for some basic help. I was given a
Craftsman Model 100 table saw. It is made by Emerson, Model #
113.29991. I have cleaned it up and have it running and it does seem
to cut O.K. Before running it the former owner and I noted that with
no belt or blade on the saw, the arbor had some play and a bit of
noise. Now, I do not detect any wobble when cutting or hearing
bearings scream, but replacing the bearing seems not to far off. What
I need is help in how to get the casting that contains the arbor off
the trunion assembly. Any help or a little hand holding for a
woodturner moving into woodworking would be appreciated. To be fair, I
will try to answer any questions you have about DNA ;-). TIA David

I have a web page on changing the bearings in a saw a bit older than
yours but the procedure should be basically the same:

http://benchnotes.com/ArborBearings/arborbearing.html

Drop me a line if you need any more information.

Frank C.

--
http://benchnotes.com