RayV

Default Dream come true

OK, maybe it is only a dream of Normites, but...

NEW YANKEE NOW RELEASING SELECTED TITLES ON DVD!

http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

Imagine Norm in digital display! The plaid will look just as good
thirty years later with no tape to wear out.

Edwin Pawlowski

"RayV" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, maybe it is only a dream of Normites, but...

NEW YANKEE NOW RELEASING SELECTED TITLES ON DVD!

http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

Imagine Norm in digital display! The plaid will look just as good
thirty years later with no tape to wear out.

They come in a "fitted case" too. I wonder if Norm makes and fits the case
to each DVD. How much variation is there in DVDs that each case must be
fitted?

Mark & Juanita

On 8 Aug 2005 06:24:53 -0700, "RayV" wrote:

OK, maybe it is only a dream of Normites, but...

NEW YANKEE NOW RELEASING SELECTED TITLES ON DVD!

http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

Imagine Norm in digital display! The plaid will look just as good
thirty years later with no tape to wear out.

You assume of course that DVD players will be available in 30 years.
More likely some new format based upon quantum storage or 3D holographic
storage will become the new standard. ... and of course with all the
digital copyright protections, your existing investment will be toast

Upscale

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

You assume of course that DVD players will be available in 30 years.
More likely some new format based upon quantum storage or 3D holographic
storage will become the new standard. ... and of course with all the
digital copyright protections, your existing investment will be toast

Heh! I suspect that a great many of us will be in that big workshop in the
sky by then.

B a r r y

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

They come in a "fitted case" too. I wonder if Norm makes and fits the case
to each DVD. How much variation is there in DVDs that each case must be
fitted?

He'll be doing it entirely with hand tools, to quiet the naysayers.

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 8 Aug 2005 06:24:53 -0700, "RayV" wrote:

OK, maybe it is only a dream of Normites, but...

NEW YANKEE NOW RELEASING SELECTED TITLES ON DVD!

http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

Imagine Norm in digital display! The plaid will look just as good
thirty years later with no tape to wear out.

You assume of course that DVD players will be available in 30 years.
More likely some new format based upon quantum storage or 3D holographic
storage will become the new standard. ... and of course with all the
digital copyright protections, your existing investment will be toast

You are not thinking of the future. Natural wood from trees will only
be for cleaning the air and environment . Cutting down and using wood
from a tree will be a crime against humanity and punishible by death in
the near future. DVD and 3D entertainment systems will only exist in
museums . Hence wood terrorists will be the next news. Building
furniture will be performed telepathecally on artificial intelligent
machines using wood composites which will look like feel and smell like
wood.
And oh! by the way we will all be in that woodworking shop in the sky
reliving the old days or in that woodburning stove below if you believe
in it.

Dave in Fairfax

Upscale wrote:
Heh! I suspect that a great many of us will be in that big workshop in the
sky by then.

Amen. 30 years from now isn't on my watch.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net
Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 06:54:49 -0400, "Upscale" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

You assume of course that DVD players will be available in 30 years.
More likely some new format based upon quantum storage or 3D holographic
storage will become the new standard. ... and of course with all the
digital copyright protections, your existing investment will be toast

Heh! I suspect that a great many of us will be in that big workshop in the
sky by then.

Some of us hope to be enjoying a quiet, woodworking filled retirement
about then, (Lord willing).