Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Question about TS push sticks (particularly Swingman!!)

Newbie here, working with my first table saw. I took a class on how to
use it safely, but I'm not terribly satisfied that I'm doing it
correctly.

While viewing one of Swingman's recent posts, I saw a picture of one of
the push sticks he was using.
(http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/PushStick.jpg)

This stick is similar to the design my teacher used. However, it seems
to me like the operator's hand still gets behind the blade at the end
of the cut, which the teacher described as, well, it was described as
"a bad thing."

Would it not be better to use a longer stick and put the "wood hook"
further forward of the handle? This way there would still be
sufficient leverage to hold the wood down, but at no time would the
operator's hand get above or behind the blade.

Any help would be appreciated...particularly from you, Swingman...how
do you like your design?