Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MikeG

Default Miter slot in router table

Hi,

I am building a new router table and was wondering if I should include a
miter slot in the top. I have not used the one in my old table very much,
but that is probably because my old table really sucks and I don't use it
for much of anything.

Do you use your router table miter slots a lot? Would some sort of sled
referencing off the fence be just as good. Is there a downside to having a
miter slot in a router table?

The top will be 1.5 inch MDF with high pressure laminate on both sides, and
edge banded in walnut. (it's what I have currently available).

Thanks for your input.

MikeG