mike

Default Screw Extractors Needed

I used to have a set of screw extractors that were somehow misplaced.
They were cylindrical tubes that had teeth at the end. The idea was
that you drilled a hole around the broken screw and extracted it. The
od of the tubes were the same as dowels so that you could plug the
holes with a dowel and have fresh wood.
Does anyone know of a source for these. I have done some searching but
without any success.
Thanks for any and all help.

Dan Major

"mike" wrote in news:1122056867.698795.277950
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I used to have a set of screw extractors that were somehow misplaced.
They were cylindrical tubes that had teeth at the end. The idea was
that you drilled a hole around the broken screw and extracted it. The
od of the tubes were the same as dowels so that you could plug the
holes with a dowel and have fresh wood.
Does anyone know of a source for these. I have done some searching but
without any success.
Thanks for any and all help.

Woodcraft
www.woodcraft.com 1-800-225-1153
part numbers 124210 (1/4"), 124211 (5/16"), and 124212 (3/8"). $14.99-
$17.99. Not cheap, but the right tool for the job!

Bob Officer

Wood Discussions like this be allowed in Fam.woodworking?
--
Ak'toh'di
tinplated

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:29:43 -0700, Bob Officer
wrote:

Wood Discussions like this be allowed in Fam.woodworking?

How deep was the screw? Most good screws are rated on how well
they were driven. Another consideration is the speed.

Fast screw? Slow screw?
A long, slow screw with a fast finish?

Yes, I do think that family-oriented discussions such as these
are well on-topic for the fam.* hierarchy.

JD "what kind of head was that again?" S

Cujo DeSockpuppet

tinplated wrote in
:

wrote:

Wood Discussions like this be allowed in Fam.woodworking?

How deep was the screw? Most good screws are rated on how well
they were driven. Another consideration is the speed.

Fast screw? Slow screw?
A long, slow screw with a fast finish?

Yes, I do think that family-oriented discussions such as these
are well on-topic for the fam.* hierarchy.

JD "what kind of head was that again?" S

I recommend a crowbar at least a meter long to provide leverage. A bucket
of hot water sometimes helps for a number of different reasons that I
wood never mantion in a family group that doesn't want any ****ing
profanity.

--
Cujo - The Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls in
dfw.*, alt.paranormal, alt.astrology and alt.astrology.metapsych.