John B

Default Looooooong way OT

G'day all.
Hoping that someone may be of assistance.
A few weeks ago I had a problem with the puter, Spyware or some other
bloody nuisance. Anyhow, had to delete and then re-install Thunderbird
and Firefox. That's the background, now the question
When I now click on a link in Thunderbird, Firefox does not
automatically boot up and take me there. I have to copy the link, open
Firefox and paste it to get where I want to go. Does anybody have a clue
on how to make the programmes interact as the did previously. I'm not
going to jump of a cliff if I can't get them to work buts it's bloody
enoying.
Thanks
John
Knothead

Winders OS any version
1) Make a text document it can be blank, save it with an .html extension.
something like fixme.html
2) Right click on that document, choose "open with" and select the option
on the list for choose program.
3) In the list choose Firefox and select the option to always use this
program and apply.

There should be an option under tools with Internet Explorer that checks if
it is the default browser. Make sure that is unchecked...

Knothead

dadiOH

John B wrote:
G'day all.
Hoping that someone may be of assistance.
A few weeks ago I had a problem with the puter, Spyware or some other
bloody nuisance. Anyhow, had to delete and then re-install Thunderbird
and Firefox. That's the background, now the question
When I now click on a link in Thunderbird, Firefox does not
automatically boot up and take me there. I have to copy the link, open
Firefox and paste it to get where I want to go. Does anybody have a
clue on how to make the programmes interact as the did previously.
I'm not going to jump of a cliff if I can't get them to work buts
it's bloody enoying.
Thanks
John

This is how to fix it with IE, might try it subsituting Firefox (and
path) for IE...

Open Windows Explorer.
Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
Scroll down to
URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol
URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy

Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
Select 'open'.
Click Edit.

"Application used to perform this action" should read:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
(Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the
double quotes.)

DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

#1:
IExplore
#3 (blank)

WWW_OpenURL

URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

Sometimes it is necessary to uncheck Use DDE.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...