loutent

Default I will never buy another blade....

.....other than a Forrest.

I have had this freakin' WWII blade for about 2 weeks
now. Ok it cost a C note.

I have put a lot of 8/4 oak and 3/4 oak ply through that thing.
It is awsome. *NO* burning whatsoever. I have a Freud
laminate blade, but I think that the WWII does as good
a job on plywood. Ripped 8' 2x4's at 33 degrees with
no problem. This is an outstanding blade - everything
I put to it goes through like...well...butter! And it stays
sharp "as a razor" (sorry).

Excuse me...I am in awe....I am a convert...I have drunk (?)
the cool-aid. No other blade will ever do now.

I have the chopsaw blade on order. Can't wait to try it.

If you are considering the Forrest, do it - you will not
regret it - it will save you money in the long run and
end a lot of frustration with cheaper blades (I have a lot
of experience with those).

Never had a blade with a serial number on it before. Makes
me feel real good somehow.

FWIW

Lou

I've used the WWII. Nice blade, but IMO, over priced. My Freuds do
just fine.

Leon

"loutent" wrote in message

....other than a Forrest.

I have had this freakin' WWII blade for about 2 weeks
now. Ok it cost a C note.

Uh huh. I use nothing but, unless cutting crap. With a properly set up
saw, it really does shine. And shine for a very long time between
sharpenings.

Edwin Pawlowski

"loutent" wrote in message

Never had a blade with a serial number on it before. Makes
me feel real good somehow.

I can let you have a few Vermont American steel blades that have serial
numbers on them, $50 each.

Ooops, turns out they are sequentially numbered. That makes them worth $60
each. How many do you want and what number do you want for the starting
number?

Evodawg

loutent wrote:
[...]

Best blade you will ever own, period!!!!!

Rich

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Evodawg

Dave wrote:
I have an Oldham Signature blade that does a fine job too.

sure it does. How much oak crown molding do you cut with that blade?

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Jim & Sharon

be sure to have Forrest sharpen it when the time comes or you will not be so
happy with the results.

Rumpy

I bought a WWII once. Now I own two of them, a high AT plywood blade, and
an 8" dado king. If you think the WWII is great, wait 'til you get a
Forrest Dado set!

And as others have said, but sure to save your box and send it back to
Forrest for sharpening. Good as new every time.

"loutent" wrote in message

[...]

Unquestionably Confused

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"loutent" wrote in message

Never had a blade with a serial number on it before. Makes
me feel real good somehow.

I can let you have a few Vermont American steel blades that have serial
numbers on them, $50 each.

Ooops, turns out they are sequentially numbered. That makes them worth $60
each. How many do you want and what number do you want for the starting
number?

Cursive Script for an additional $8.99 per blade

loutent

I have an Oldham Signature blade that does a fine job too.

Hi Dave,

I have used Freud's, Oldham's (Not the signature I guess).
Also used VA's and some others that I can't remember their
names (worn off).

If you have never used the Forrest, you deserve to try it
at least once. I am really impressed with the difference
in blades - up to now, I did not think that there was that
much (difference).

Like I said, I don't think that I would ever buy any other
brand. I only wish that I had bought the Super Dado set instead
of the Freud 508 set I bought a year ago and has to now earn its keep
for many years (it's a pretty good set tho).

I think that if you get a Forrest, then have it sharpened
every so often, in the end (? gulp) it will be less expensive but
more importantly, your woodworking along the way will
be more enjoyable/accurate/ etc.

Lou