MitchA

Default disassembling saw for a move

Hi there,

I've been dreading this day every since the day I first brought home my
shiny, new and exceedingly heavy PowerMatic 64A. IT'S MOVING TIME!!!

This model is contractor saw but its gun the extended table (about 5 ft
long). What is the best way to get this beast ready for moving.
Obviously the less disassembly I have to do, the better but I also don't
want to blow an intestine loading this thing into the pickup truck.

All thoughts welcome!

Mitch
Clint

When I moved my GI contractor saw (300 pounds, according to their website,
don't know how it compares to the Powermatic), I was able to get it on and
off the truck myself. First off, I took off the motor and fence rails.
They're both easy to get back on and aligned. Secondly, my saw was on a
mobile base, like a saw station (I didn't use the legs that came with the
saw), so I wheeled the saw over to the back of the truck. My truck is
fairly low (i.e. compact to mid-size), so I was able to lift up one end of
the saw enough to slide the saw onto the back. At the other end, just
reverse all the operations. I was able to move my 14" bandsaw using the
same techniques. Both items are heavy, but if you can avoid having to
actually pick up the entire weight, they're manageable.

BTW, make sure you lock your mobile base wheels before attempting to slide
things onto it.

Clint

"MitchA" wrote in message
Hi there,

I've been dreading this day every since the day I first brought home my
shiny, new and exceedingly heavy PowerMatic 64A. IT'S MOVING TIME!!!

This model is contractor saw but its gun the extended table (about 5 ft
long). What is the best way to get this beast ready for moving. Obviously
the less disassembly I have to do, the better but I also don't want to
blow an intestine loading this thing into the pickup truck.

All thoughts welcome!

Mitch

Evodawg

MitchA wrote:
Hi there,

I've been dreading this day every since the day I first brought home my
shiny, new and exceedingly heavy PowerMatic 64A. IT'S MOVING TIME!!!

This model is contractor saw but its gun the extended table (about 5 ft
long). What is the best way to get this beast ready for moving.
Obviously the less disassembly I have to do, the better but I also don't
want to blow an intestine loading this thing into the pickup truck.

All thoughts welcome!

Mitch

If your moving anyway why not get a truck or van with a lift gate.
They are reasonable these days with all the competition.

Rich

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Satellite Dish Move AlexW UK diy 14 March 14th 05 11:44 AM
How to drain the CH and move a radiator JK UK diy 1 March 11th 04 11:22 AM
Want to move Carport Tony Hayes UK diy 9 January 15th 04 02:49 PM