Default Jet non-Xacta cursor question

I just assembled my Jet table saw and everything works great but the
cursor is about 1/16 off, even slid over as far as it will go in the
little slot for it. That is, if I set it to cut 2 inches, I get 1 15/16
inches. I can set it for 2 1/16 and get 2, but I'd really like to get
what I set it for and there seems no futher room for adjustment. I
could grind 1/16 off the left end of the cursor and that'd fix it, but
I hate to do that.

I tried loosening the bolts along the front rail and sliding the rail
as far right as it would go - that took it from 1/8 to 1/16 off...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Lance

Lee Michaels

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just assembled my Jet table saw and everything works great but the
cursor is about 1/16 off, even slid over as far as it will go in the
little slot for it. That is, if I set it to cut 2 inches, I get 1 15/16
inches. I can set it for 2 1/16 and get 2, but I'd really like to get
what I set it for and there seems no futher room for adjustment. I
could grind 1/16 off the left end of the cursor and that'd fix it, but
I hate to do that.

I tried loosening the bolts along the front rail and sliding the rail
as far right as it would go - that took it from 1/8 to 1/16 off...

Any ideas?

You might get the folks from Jet on the line and see what they have to say.

I am sure it is still under warranty if you just bought it.

tom

Lance wrote: I just assembled my Jet table saw and everything works
great but the
cursor is about 1/16 off, even slid over as far as it will go in the
little slot for it. That is, if I set it to cut 2 inches, I get 1 15/16

inches. I can set it for 2 1/16 and get 2, but I'd really like to get
what I set it for and there seems no futher room for adjustment. I
could grind 1/16 off the left end of the cursor and that'd fix it, but
I hate to do that.
I tried loosening the bolts along the front rail and sliding the rail
as far right as it would go - that took it from 1/8 to 1/16 off...

If the fence accepts different faces, you might try a thinner piece
attached to the fence. Tom

adb

Lance-

I have a jet contractor's saw and the same problem. (bought mine back
in 2000) I also had the curious problem that the further out the fence
got, the more my measurement was off.

I finally (about 6 months ago) figured out what the problem was ~ the
holes for mounting the fence are slightly off, and the fence slopes
ever-so-slightly down compared to the table top as you go left to
right.

This may or may not be your problem, but it was mine...

-aaron