Kevin Wade

Default Hurricane Ivan took My shop, Tool and ShopNotes... I need those that are not reprinted.

After all the comotion has died down and the Soul Crushing devestation has been mostly swept out of the way I still long
for the Inspiration I get from the ShopNotes collection more than the tools, Toys and Jigs that were made from those
Brittle Yellowed pages.

Nortwest florida (Pensacola) is the kind of Third World Country that it is still necessary to have to use mail order for
most things woodwork related.

After 9 years of building Cabinetry here I have 90% repeat business..... all of a sudden.

There is so much work now that a breather is cherished when it can be had and in those moments when I can excape from
the din of the phone and fax commiserating with and plotting the new cabinetry for my customers I find it so nice to
skip through the pages of ShopNotes and I am still missing many.

It saddens me that I can not just purchase reprints of the entire collection so I am here looking for access to Issues;
1, 3, 5, 7, 8 - 10, 21, 22, 24, 25, 35, 36, 42 - 46, 49 - 52, 54, and Lastly 58.

In a larger city that may have been influenced bu Carnege I suppose there are such things as Librarys or Used/New
Bookstores that would stock or have available these cherishable tomes, but I do not know how far I would have to go to
find any of these.

I am not very picky,... anymore

Kevin Wade
Pensacola, Florida

Thank you

Scott Lurndal

Kevin Wade writes:

In a larger city that may have been influenced bu Carnege I suppose there are such things as Librarys or Used/New
Bookstores that would stock or have available these cherishable tomes, but I do not know how far I would have to go to
find any of these.

Even if your local library doesn't have them, they may be willing to
get them via inter-library loan from a larger library somewhere.

scott
Prometheus

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:04:43 -0500, Kevin Wade
wrote:

After all the comotion has died down and the Soul Crushing devestation has been mostly swept out of the way I still long
for the Inspiration I get from the ShopNotes collection more than the tools, Toys and Jigs that were made from those
Brittle Yellowed pages.

Sorry to hear about that...

In a larger city that may have been influenced bu Carnege I suppose there are such things as Librarys or Used/New
Bookstores that would stock or have available these cherishable tomes, but I do not know how far I would have to go to
find any of these.

I am not very picky,... anymore

I know it's not a 1:1 replacement, but Oxmoor House is selling a line
of Woodsmith books for about $20 apiece via the mail, and they've got
an awful lot of the older content reprinted in them. I know they're
not Shop Notes, but the two seem very similar. Nice books, FWIW.

The Woodsmith Store in Des Moines, IA is clearing out their inventory
of old Shopnotes and Woodsmith magazines.

Last fall, they were selling copies very reasonably priced (maybe 3 or
4 for a dollar). I was in the store earlier this week, and they are
now giving away complimentary copies of both magazines to customers -
perhaps theyd be willing to share some with you. Give them a call at
(515) 255-8979.

The store manager has told me in the past that the company plans to
offer an online download service for PDF versions of the old issues.
Stay tuned for more information.

I have no relationship to Woodsmith - other than the amount of money
I've spent there over the years.