Carson McAloney

Default workbench top

I want to install Oak flooring on top of a sheet of MFO for the top of my
work bench. Would appreciate any comments.

David

ah, Happy Father's Day!

Are you planning on dancin wimmin getting all jiggly on top of your bench??

Dave

Carson McAloney wrote:

I want to install Oak flooring on top of a sheet of MFO for the top of my
work bench. Would appreciate any comments.

Todd Fatheree

"Carson McAloney" wrote in message
I want to install Oak flooring on top of a sheet of MFO for the top of my
work bench. Would appreciate any comments.

There's a joke here somewhere, but I can't quite come up with it. Anyone?
Bueller?

todd

Carson McAloney

I meant MDO

"Carson McAloney" wrote in message
I want to install Oak flooring on top of a sheet of MFO for the top of my
work bench. Would appreciate any comments.

Robatoy

In article ,
"Carson McAloney" wrote:

I want to install Oak flooring on top of a sheet of MFO for the top of my
work bench. Would appreciate any comments.

I wouldn't be leaving any oak flooring lying around a jobsite..some mfo
will steal it!

Is that what you meant, Todd?
Lew Hodgett

"Carson McAloney" wrote:

I want to install Oak flooring on top of a sheet of MFO for the top of my
work bench. Would appreciate any comments.

IMHO, a total waste of time and material when you can get a sheet of
1/4" hardboard for $10 and lay it on top of the MDO.

Use the oak to build fiddles to hold the hardboard in place.

Just my thought.

Lew

Vijay

Here is the problem with flooring stock. If you use nails
(toe-nailing) to hold the flooring strips, you will defeat the purpose
of having a wood top. You dont what nails all over the place. These
will get in the way of dog holes or whatever. On the other hand if you
just glue them in place they will not be as good as rectangular strips
that you glue, since the flooring strips are not flat on the bottom.

Chuck

My favorite workbench top is a sheet of 1/4" masonite/hardboard. Any time it
gets damaged you just pull it up and lay down a brand new top.