Thomas Bunetta

Default Finally got a Unisaw!

It's a three horse, came with the sliding table attachment (and a
"spare"cast iron wing where the sliding table attaches) and the Shopfox
mobility kit and the long Unifence.
The guy I got it from threw in an 8" Freud dado set, several blades and all
the manuals.
Ya' reckon $800. was reasonable?
The only thing that bugs me is no apparent method for attaching the dust
collection...
There is a slot at the bottom and I did a search but found only one
"accessory" which I can probably do better.
Question... do they make a converter or shroud for a 4" DC line?
Tom?

Patriarch

"Thomas Bunetta" wrote in
:

It's a three horse, came with the sliding table attachment (and a
"spare"cast iron wing where the sliding table attaches) and the
Shopfox mobility kit and the long Unifence.
The guy I got it from threw in an 8" Freud dado set, several blades
and all the manuals.
Ya' reckon $800. was reasonable?
The only thing that bugs me is no apparent method for attaching the
dust collection...
There is a slot at the bottom and I did a search but found only one
"accessory" which I can probably do better.
Question... do they make a converter or shroud for a 4" DC line?
Tom?

OK. The obligatory 'you suck' is proffered. You really did quite well.

The dust collection on new Unisaws is essentially a couple of sloped ramps
in the bottom of the cabinet, with a pretty standard 4" coupler, which
attaches to the saw body with sheet metal screws. Any wooddorking outlet
should have a similar, at least as useful part, for less than $10. If the
ramps are needed, 1/4" plywood should do the job nicely. 6 coats of
shellac, followed by several coats of Johnson's paste wax, and you should
be in business.

Be sure to hook up the saw to the dc with pvc pipe. And clean the top with
acetone.

Patriarch
Thomas Bunetta

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Thomas Bunetta" wrote in
:

snip
Be sure to hook up the saw to the dc with pvc pipe. And clean the top
with
acetone.

Patriarch

Three years of looking seriously in the paper and this guy walked into the
office!
Why the acetone? Or did I miss the bulge in your cheek ;)
Tom

Edwin Pawlowski

"Thomas Bunetta" wrote in message
Why the acetone? Or did I miss the bulge in your cheek ;)
Tom

Bulge? He won't be able to talk for weeks from the tongue injury.

Thomas Bunetta

Tom

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message news:BOmte.459

Bulge? He won't be able to talk for weeks from the tongue injury.

Well, it's knot my problem BG.

There is some cleaning up to do, and new belts, etc. but my Jet contractor
style saw will probably be put on Dado duty and the Unisaur will take its
place.
The table (MDF) has some bow, and the prior owner must gave done some
fiberglass lay up on it... the stuff is really hard. It will most likely be
replaced.
But I'm happy to have the beast in my stable.
Tom

Robatoy

In article ,
"Thomas Bunetta" wrote:

Ya' reckon $800. was reasonable?

Congratulations, you suck.
At least you didn't waste your money on a RAS.
Prometheus

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:47:49 -0400, "Thomas Bunetta"
wrote:

It's a three horse, came with the sliding table attachment (and a
"spare"cast iron wing where the sliding table attaches) and the Shopfox
mobility kit and the long Unifence.
The guy I got it from threw in an 8" Freud dado set, several blades and all
the manuals.
Ya' reckon $800. was reasonable?
The only thing that bugs me is no apparent method for attaching the dust
collection...
There is a slot at the bottom and I did a search but found only one
"accessory" which I can probably do better.
Question... do they make a converter or shroud for a 4" DC line?
Tom?

Ahh, a drive-by gloat. You suck.

Thomas Bunetta

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Thomas Bunetta" wrote:

Ya' reckon $800. was reasonable?

Congratulations, you suck.
At least you didn't waste your money on a RAS.

Already have one... RAS, that is. It stays fixed at 90 degrees, there's a
SCMS on its left at 45 and a CMS on its right a 45 the other way. All are
mounted on a common plane along with a square hole shooter.
Tom

Thomas Bunetta

"Prometheus" wrote in message
Question... do they make a converter or shroud for a 4" DC line?
Tom?

Ahh, a drive-by gloat. You suck.

Thank you!
At the bottom of the box of blades, etc. was a molding head with three
cutters also... but I doubt it will see use, I think the router table would
serve me better there.
Tom

LRod

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 06:31:24 -0400, "Thomas Bunetta"
wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Thomas Bunetta" wrote:

Ya' reckon $800. was reasonable?

Congratulations, you suck.
At least you didn't waste your money on a RAS.

Already have one... RAS, that is.

Rimshot. Cymbal crash.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Robatoy

In article ,
LRod wrote:

Rimshot. Cymbal crash.

I opened your post 5 times..and after the fifth time, I found the
problem.

Tweeters out of phase.
Rick Cox

6 coats of
shellac, followed by several coats of Johnson's paste wax, and you should
be in business.

Is this for the top or the plywood ramps?

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Thomas Bunetta" wrote in
:

[...]

Finally found one! John Anderson Woodworking 26 May 25th 05 11:52 PM
My Unisaw Saga DonkeyHody Woodworking 22 March 6th 04 05:41 PM
I'm dreaming of a white Unisaw. Jay Pique Woodworking 20 January 13th 04 03:06 PM
Delta Unisaw vs Delta Unisaw X5 Joe Nation Woodworking 7 November 26th 03 03:23 AM