R.H.

Default What is it? LXVI

Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Nick Müller

R.H. wrote:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

#376: (Ant)Actic expedition-shades?
#377: Center punch, pencil style
#378: Guitar (or string) tuning knob
#379: scaffolding erectors tool?
#380: back scratcher (arab, african)?
#381: conical tread. THAT was easy!

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
todays SPAMfeed:

Jon Haugsand

* R. H.
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

376 3D polarizatin glasses for 3D movies
377 ordinary refill type pencil
378 water pipe end point
379 included service tool for some particular device (boat motor, lawn
mover, etc.)
380 ethnic music/rythm instrument
381 drainage scree for some water device

--
Jon Haugsand
Dept. of Informatics, Univ. of Oslo, Norway,
Andy Dingley

#376 Goggles. They're a yellow filter to improve contrast in low-light
conditions. Given the side-shields I expect they're for use in mountain
(or Arctic) blizzards, rather than at dusk.

#377 Machinist's scriber. I think this is a Blue Point one, and there's
a magent in the top too.

#378 Banjo tuning key - the odd one, halfway down the neck.

#379 Bike spanner / tyre lever. A cheap piece of extruded aluminium,
specially designed for the large wrench to split if you ever need to use
it. Cute design, entirely useless as a reliable tool.

#380. Treen. Keeps bored woodturners busy. This one probably claims to
be a lace-making bobbin, but that captive ring is a give-away that the
real purpose of woodturning is woodturning.

#381 Screw-on nose, to allow a fabric polishing mop to be mounted on the
end of a shaft or motor.

Matthew Russotto

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

376: Welder's safety goggles. (other possibilities: blacksmith's, farrier's)
377: Scribe
378: Tap
379: Hammer of some sort; probably intended for carrying in the field,
as it looks like it's made to be light. It's got a hammering end,
a claw, a nail-puller, and a prybar. I don't understand the hole
in the peen, though.

380: Looks like a musical instrument.

381: Gas fitting for attaching flexible tubing.

result in a fully-depreciated one.

#376: sunglasses, possibly for shooting. The orange color would give
you sharper color resolution.

#377: a pocket scriber or one of those "engravers" for marking items.

#380: could be a lace-making bobbin, but from the size is more likely
to be a spindle for drop-spinning. 12" long is awfully big for a lace
bobbin.
B.B.

In article ,
"R.H." wrote:

Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

376. For looking cool during mid-life crisis.
377. Device to bore holes in pockets and pocket protectors. With
magnet.
378. Hillbilly adjustment knob.
379. It's a bird! No, it's a plane! No! It's Hawemchbar! Free gift
if you get married in Minnesota.
380. Super-fancy foot-long ruler. A baker's foot, anyway.
381. Unbushinger.

Posted from RCM.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/
Red

376 Glassblower's glasses
377 carbide tipped scribe
378 tuning peg on a guitar
379 fireman's tool
380 ?
381 adapter to hold buffing wheels on a motor shaft.

Red

R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

380- molinillo, used to mix Mexican chocolate drinks

R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Some images of various molinillos:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Doff%26sa%3DN

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...D%26safe%3Doff

Keith Marshall

From rec.crafts.metalworking:

376 Glass Blower's Glasses
377 Pocket Scribe
378 Rear view of the 5th string tuner on a banjo
379 Some type of multitool, perhaps for a fireman or maybe demolition
380 Honey dipper?
381 Impossible fastener. My old supervisor had a poster with a couple dozen
different types. :-)

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"R.H." wrote in message
. ..
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again:

376) The side screens show that these are being used for an
industrial application.

The color is not the blue which would filter out sodium flames
but I strongly suspect that it is for some other similar
filtering function. Perhaps to show up a potassium flame?
Anyway, I suspect that it is for some form of gas welding or
brazing.

377) Layout scribe, for marking in contrast coated metals prior to
machining. Button extends or retracts the sharp poing, which
would otherwise be endangering the pocket and the wearer.

378) fifth-string tuning machine (geared key) for a five-string banjo.

379) A fireman's tool. The pentagonal hole in the head fits the
valve stem on fire hydrants.

The hook and loop in the handle is for tightening the
brass/bronze hose fittings onto the hydrant, or to join two
hoses.

The hammer and hook on the head may be for breaking into locked
doors to gain access to the fire.

380) Not at all sure, but I *think* that it is related to the fibre
arts in some way.

381) Arbor for polishing wheels to attach to a bench grinder. The
hex nut threads onto the shaft, and the long gentle screw grips
the cloth polishing wheel.

Comparing it to the penny for size, I think that it is designed
for something other than a bench grinder -- perhaps a hand-held
angle grinder, or something similar.

Now to see what others say.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Bruce Adams

381: Given the left-hand thread of the conical section, I'd guess this is an
easy-out.

"R.H." wrote in message
. ..
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Bruce Adams

Oops, brain-fart... they are right-hand, aren't they. ---never mind

"Bruce Adams" wrote in message
381: Given the left-hand thread of the conical section, I'd guess this is
an easy-out.

R.H.

Five of the six have been answered correctly so far:

376.
377. Carbide scribe with magnet
378. Banjo tuning key
379. Fireman's wrench
380. Molinillo
381. Buffing wheel mandrel

A couple of links are up on the answer page:

http://pzphotosan69.blogspot.com/

Thanks to those who helped identify the three unknown tools.

Rob

Pounds on Wood

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Five of the six have been answered correctly so far:

376.
377. Carbide scribe with magnet
378. Banjo tuning key
379. Fireman's wrench
380. Molinillo
381. Buffing wheel mandrel

A couple of links are up on the answer page:

http://pzphotosan69.blogspot.com/

Thanks to those who helped identify the three unknown tools.

Rob

Really? I thought sure those glasses would be either 3d, or glass blowing.

So, are those lines across the lenses a camera illusion, or are the lenses
really 2-tone?

--
********
Bill Pounds

R.H.

http://pzphotosan69.blogspot.c=ADom/
Thanks to those who helped identify the three unknown tools.
Rob

Really? I thought sure those glasses would be either 3d, or glass blowing.

So, are those lines across the lenses a camera illusion, or are the lenses
really 2-tone?

The lines are a reflection of a shelf, I didn't notice them until you
mentioned it, so they aren't 2-tone. According to the seller these
glasses were use for a rather common purpose, not industrial in nature.

Rob

Robert Bonomi

In article .com,
R.H. wrote:
376.
377. Carbide scribe with magnet
378. Banjo tuning key
379. Fireman's wrench
380. Molinillo
381. Buffing wheel mandrel
A couple of links are up on the answer page:
http://pzphotosan69.blogspot.c*om/
Thanks to those who helped identify the three unknown tools.
Rob

Really? I thought sure those glasses would be either 3d, or glass blowing.

So, are those lines across the lenses a camera illusion, or are the lenses
really 2-tone?

The lines are a reflection of a shelf, I didn't notice them until you
mentioned it, so they aren't 2-tone. According to the seller these
glasses were use for a rather common purpose, not industrial in nature.

Amber glass, in general, is used to reduce glare and see through haze.
Commonly used by avaitors, hunters, and fisherman, among others. Even
preferred by some (over the 'normal' green/grey) for highway driving..

Which category this particular pair falls into is "anybody's guess".

Tm

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Five of the six have been answered correctly so far:

376.

UV blocking for sunbathing under a UV lamp?

Nick Müller

R.H. wrote:

According to the seller these glasses were use for a rather common
purpose, not industrial in nature.

Hmm, 1912? Maybe glasses for Automobilists?

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
todays SPAMfeed:

R.H.

"Nick Müller" wrote in message
R.H. wrote:

According to the seller these glasses were use for a rather common
purpose, not industrial in nature.

Hmm, 1912? Maybe glasses for Automobilists?

This is the answer that I was looking for, before 1919, "horseless
carriages" had no windshields, traveled at 5-8 mph and drivers wore goggles.
This is a pair of Willson Googles, not sure if they were also used with
motorcycles.

Rob