Reynaud

Default Southeren exposesu

I have to finish 2 large oak doors of an church . They are exposed to the
sun and rain. What should I use for an finish that will last the longest?
Help would be appreciated.

Rey

George

"Reynaud" wrote in message
I have to finish 2 large oak doors of an church . They are exposed to the
sun and rain. What should I use for an finish that will last the longest?
Help would be appreciated.

Rey

Ninety-five theses? It's going five hundred years.

Go with what the boat boys use. The word "marine" is going to narrow your
search for varnishes.

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:16:44 -0500, the inscrutable "Reynaud"
spake:

I have to finish 2 large oak doors of an church . They are exposed to the
sun and rain. What should I use for an finish that will last the longest?
Help would be appreciated.

http://www.nam.sikkens.com/product.c...egory=exterior
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...ens_Cetol_fam/

Remember to remove the doors and leave them off for a few days while
the finish dries thoroughly before rehanging. Proper prep work is
ESSENTIAL, too, so follow the instructions to the letter.

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.
Australopithecus scobis

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:16:44 -0500, Reynaud wrote:

I have to finish 2 large oak doors of an church . They are exposed to the
sun and rain. What should I use for an finish that will last the longest?
Help would be appreciated.

I don't understand the question. You're using a natural product, oak, for
the doors, and exposing them to natural events (sun, rain). You understand
that an artificial substance will decay under these circumstances. So
you want to put your own desires over the natural unfolding of events? On
a church. Oh, a church! Of _course_.

You're a contractor, I hope.

--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad {dot} scientist {dot} com