MarkC

Default A newbies' first posting

Hello All,

I have been lurking around this group now for the past few months
picking up loads of excellent tips and advice whilst making my
transition into newbie woodworking.

I have just about completed my first project (bandsaw box for SWMBO)
and I am really pleased with the results, I hope my wife will be too
(it's a surprise present for our wedding anniversary). I will post
some pictures later for anyone who may be interested. Basically it's a
rounded rectangle box (almost an arc), made from zebrano, with a pull
out draw which is of the same shape. I've just got to make a small
handle for the drawer and four small feet (time to try out the new
lathe) and then apply a finish.

Anyway to get to the point, the main reason for this message other than
to say hello, is to say a big THANKYOU to you all for sharing your vast
wealth of knowledge and experience as I'm sure I wouldn't have made it
this far in woodworking without your help.

Thanks Again

Mark

jo4hn

MarkC wrote:
[...]

You're certainly welcome. Glad we could help. What color are you going
to paint the zebrano?
twitch,
jo4hn
Robatoy

In article . net,
jo4hn wrote:

MarkC wrote:
[...]

I'm sure it would look nice in a charteuse latex eggshell.. about three
coats.

Howdy Mark! Pull up a chair. Did you bring any beer?
Patrick Conroy

jo4hn wrote in news:ixjqe.2070$hK3.1836
@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Hmmm. He's greatful to be here. We're glad he's here. He said that reading
the wreck gave him excellent tips.

Gott'abea troll right?