Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Panels made from stone/solid surface material

Hi all.

I am planning a sideboard piece with a carcass structure using frame
and panel design. I want the panels to be made from a translucent
white(ish) material with the look of a smooth natural stone -- think
alabaster. However, I understand that true stone such as marble would
be much too fragile in the thickness range (1/4 - 3/8") that I would
need for floating panels.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Is 1/4" Corian translucent
enough that it lets light shine through? I have also considered frosted
glass but think it might allow too much light and have that green look.
Any other suggestions (and sources for materials) are much appreciated.
I am open to both natural and engineered products.

Best regards,

/afb