Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Moorhead

Default cross vise specs, etc needed for GI mortiser

Folks -

Okay, any of you that were going to post a response regarding your guts
rather than a General In'tl mortiser.....fuggetit!

Now - I am going to build a table to include my mortiser (and several other
machines) and I would like to know more about that modification some of you
have done - installing a cross vise (grizzly??) in the base and using a
riser on the mortise head to regain the depth capacity. I'd like to do
this, but need to know how tall the vise is so I can use a common table and
fence for several machines along one wall.

I seem to recall something about having to reverse one of the axis screws as
well... Does any of this ring a bell?

John Moorhead