no(SPAM)vasys

Default Has anyone heard from Keeter

A Google search shows that Keith (UA100) hasn't posted since April, 19.
Does anyone know how he's doing?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
B a r r y

no(SPAM)vasys wrote:
A Google search shows that Keith (UA100) hasn't posted since April, 19.
Does anyone know how he's doing?

I was wondering the same thing. I was in his local area in April, and
we planned to hook up, but we never made contact.

Hopefully, all is well, and he's just busy with work or something.

Barry
George

"B a r r y" wrote in message
. ..
no(SPAM)vasys wrote:
A Google search shows that Keith (UA100) hasn't posted since April, 19.
Does anyone know how he's doing?

I was wondering the same thing. I was in his local area in April, and
we planned to hook up, but we never made contact.

Hopefully, all is well, and he's just busy with work or something.

He's active on other groups.

Perhaps this silence is the ultimate form of what he considers clever
commentary?

Pat Barber

He is fairly active on OWWM and although we have not passed
notes of late, he appears to be okey dokey. I suspect work
or family is keeping him busy.

no(SPAM)vasys wrote:

A Google search shows that Keith (UA100) hasn't posted since April, 19.
Does anyone know how he's doing?

Dave Balderstone

-
Tom Watson

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:19:02 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

-

That is actually funny, Dave.

Last time I spoke with Keith he indicated that a mental health break
from the Wreck was in order.

I was in agreement with him.

The Wreck has gotten more coarse and less interesting over the last
many months.

The people who used to make it fun have pulled back.

I was real happy to see Bridger's post today about the problem of
hiding the plasma screen. It was more like some of the more
interesting threads of old. An interesting problem.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Dave in Fairfax

Tom Watson wrote:
That is actually funny, Dave.

Last time I spoke with Keith he indicated that a mental health break
from the Wreck was in order.

I was in agreement with him.

The Wreck has gotten more coarse and less interesting over the last
many months.

The people who used to make it fun have pulled back.

I was real happy to see Bridger's post today about the problem of
hiding the plasma screen. It was more like some of the more
interesting threads of old. An interesting problem.

It's like that over on RCW as well. Lots of ****ing matches, little
content. OTOH I split out about 50 turning blocks today rather than
waste a lot of time on the net. Could get to like that if I wasn't so
sore at the moment. Been I while since I swung a maul.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Tom Watson

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:07:47 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

Been I while since I swung a maul.

Dave in Fairfax

Contemporary reference: Darth Maul?

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Dave in Fairfax

Tom Watson wrote:
Contemporary reference: Darth Maul?

My daughter just explained that one to me, haven't seen the movie.
Sorry this is just an old cast steel one.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.patinatools.com

Patriarch

snip
I was real happy to see Bridger's post today about the problem of
hiding the plasma screen. It was more like some of the more
interesting threads of old. An interesting problem.

It's like that over on RCW as well. Lots of ****ing matches, little
content. OTOH I split out about 50 turning blocks today rather than
waste a lot of time on the net. Could get to like that if I wasn't so
sore at the moment. Been I while since I swung a maul.

It's late spring, and projects seem to abound. Some are reminders that
we're not as young as we used to be.

I've been so deep into a master bath shower rebuild that I haven't been
able to get to the logs folks have brought me. Every step seems to mean
more time on my hands and knees, and another couple of hundred dollars at
the home center.

Swingman's illustrated kitchen has been a good read. Filters and the
delete key reduce some of the rest. And getting some work done in the
analog world isn't a bad thing, either.

Patriarch
Swingman

"Patriarch" wrote in message
snip

It's late spring, and projects seem to abound. Some are reminders that
we're not as young as we used to be.

I've been so deep into a master bath shower rebuild that I haven't been
able to get to the logs folks have brought me. Every step seems to mean
more time on my hands and knees, and another couple of hundred dollars at
the home center.

Swingman's illustrated kitchen has been a good read. Filters and the
delete key reduce some of the rest. And getting some work done in the
analog world isn't a bad thing, either.

I need to update, but been too busy, and I've got that house "locked out"
while the hardwood floors guys do their 'thang'. However, that circumstance
finally gave me time yesterday to do the kind of small, finished-in-a-day,
project that refreshes.

A dear old friend had asked me a couple of months back about repairing her
metal newspaper recycling holder ... instead I made her a wooden one out of
maple scraps from those kitchen drawers and presented it to her in the
afternoon ... the gratitude, along with a big hug, was more than ample
payment.

Started with just a dim idea and winged it totally, from the dovetail sides,
to the last minute decision to fire up the HVLP sprayer and clear shellac it
.... IKEA would have been proud, but I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the
project.

Here lately it's been those projects that require little or no planning, and
that you can see/deliver the results in a day, that are the most enjoyable
to me.

Good luck on that shower ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net