Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Harry Muscle

Default Insulated Shed

I'm starting to design an insulated shed I want to build later this
year. I'm pretty decent with woodworking (not a pro, but I can build
things no problem), but I've never build a shed before, so I have a
couple of questions. Since I want to use this shed for projects
throughout the year, I need to insulate it since I want to heat it in
the winter (I'm in Ontario, Canada). I still haven't finalized the
size, but it's gonna be either 10x15 feet or 12x12 probably. My first
question is to do with the roof ... do I need an attic in such a shed?
I know the point of an attic in a house is to keep the roof the same
temperature as the outside to prevent snow from melting and refreezing
on the roof ... is that the only point of an attic in an insulated
building? Do I need this on a smaller roof? If anyone could shed some
light on how I should be designing and insulating the roof part of this
shed, that will help.

Thank you,
Harry

Shed wiring - OK [email protected] UK diy 5 April 13th 05 09:49 AM
My shed & garage electricity supplies & earthing! Sparks UK diy 17 March 31st 05 08:25 PM
Storage Shed Anchoring? Jeff Morris Home Repair 10 July 6th 04 01:26 PM
Shed Electrics Paul UK diy 15 May 22nd 04 12:48 PM
On the subject of a garden shed Andrew McKay UK diy 3 August 27th 03 04:31 PM