Default Cartridge filters in UK

Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can get good filters for bill pentz's cyclone
in the UK? The only filters I can find is the draper vacuum, and I am
guessing these are too small.

PS. I am interested in the cartridge filters, not screen etc.

Andy Dingley

On 27 May 2005 03:41:06 -0700, "
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get good filters for bill pentz's cyclone
in the UK?

Make them yourself. An internal cage of welding rod, then an "air sock"
pulled over that. There are lots of materials that work as a filter,
cheap polypropylene fleece is easy, a woolen felt gives the best
filtering. When they get dirty, take them off and wash them.

You can make air socks up to 40' long (at least), but if they're that
big, put a few zips in them otherwise you can't find a washing machine
big enough.
Andy Dingley

On Sat, 28 May 2005 11:54:39 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

get a couple or three rather large used truck air filters

Not the best devices though. They're inappropriate for a dust collection
device. They're intended to take "clean" air and make it "very clean" -
they don't have the airflow for a dust collector and if you feed them
dirty air they clog in no time at all.

ta (thank you)

I will try that.

Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer gipix88 Electronics Repair 0 June 15th 04 12:45 PM
Cermic Filters. Jamie Electronics Repair 0 February 9th 04 12:28 PM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Color cartridge...give life with drops?? Camilo Plata Electronics Repair 3 September 19th 03 04:34 AM
Dirty water back in to pool from cartridge pool filter Jason Home Repair 0 August 18th 03 03:55 PM