R.H.

Default What is it? LXIII

Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Mark and Kim Smith

R.H. wrote:

Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

From Rec.woodworking

#357: Tire weight tool. For removing, installing ( hammer end ) and
cutting down weights to lighten them up.
#358: almost looks like part of an ice cube tray.
#359: Leg irons? Old hand cuffs?
#360: a sight?
#361: Phone operator's station?
#362: ??
Norman D. Crow

357 Very old fence pliers?
358 Insert from an ice cube tray.
359 A stirrup?
360 ?(but reminds me of a simple pin-hole box camera)
361 ?
362 Bicycle spoke wrench

--
Nahmie

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Norman D. Crow

#357: Tire weight tool. For removing, installing ( hammer end ) and
cutting down weights to lighten them up.
#358: almost looks like part of an ice cube tray.
#359: Leg irons? Old hand cuffs?
#360: a sight?
#361: Phone operator's station?
#362: ??

Mark's right on 357. I knew that, just couldn't get the brain wrapped around
it this early.

--
Nahmie

Gary Brady

R.H. wrote:
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

357. Brake tool
358.
359. Stirrup
360. Pin hole camera or device for viewing solar eclipse.
361. Telephone operators antique phone jacks.
362. Spoke wrench

A little easier this week.

RCM

Gary Brady
Austin, TX
www.powdercoatoven.4t.com

Jonathan Wilson

357. Some kind of repair tool? (typewriters again mabie)
358. No idea
359. That looks to me like one part of a set of Derby Handcuffs or Leg Irons
360. No idea
361. No idea
362. No idea

Nick Müller

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

363. Arabian dentist's tool (universal, mint condition, disenfected)

Nick
James Lerch

#360 Collimation tool for a telescope.

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge
Jeff Wisnia

R.H. wrote:
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

357. Hammer, designed by a congressional committee.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Juergen Hannappel

Jeff Wisnia writes:

R.H. wrote:
Just posted a new set of photos:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/
Rob

357. Hammer, designed by a congressional committee.

Especially funny in german, because the german word for "committee" is
"Ausschuss", the sams afs for "rejects" (in the sense of junk...)...
Phone: +49 228 73 2447 FAX ... 7869
Physikalisches Institut der Uni Bonn Nussallee 12, D-53115 Bonn, Germany
CERN: Phone: +412276 76461 Fax: ..77930 Bat. 892-R-A13 CH-1211 Geneve 23
B.B.

In article ,
"R.H." wrote:

Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

357. Plastic surgery multitool.
358. Literacy.
359. Non-fuzzy handcuffs.
360. To determine if you have the dexterity to get that pin in there.
361. Cellphone.
362. Tailor's tool to adjust highly starched shirt collars.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/
Pounds on Wood

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

357. A range fence tool
358. An ice cube tray
359. A stirrup, or other harness tack
360. ?
361. A telephone switchboard
362. Reminds me of a brake repair tool, but the T & B Tri-flex tells me it
has something to do with electrical conduit/fittings

--
********
Bill Pounds

Fred R

R.H. wrote:
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

360. A wave diffraction demonstrator?

I think others have gotten the rest correctly; I think 359 is too heavy
for a stirrup and is more likely the power-carrying link for a yoke - is
that called a pintle?.

--
Fred R
________________
Carl G.

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

357. Tool used when balancing tires. The hammer portion is used to tap
weights in place onto the tire rim, the pliers and claw portions are used to
remove them, and the blade/notch in the handle is used to cut or shape them.
358. The divider portion of an ice-cube tray.
359. Leg irons, or handcuffs for people with large arms.
360. "Inverted Pin" illusion. By looking into the open end of the film can
and through the pinhole at a bright light one can see an inverted image of
the pin.
361. Telephone plug board, perhaps for a hotel.
362. Spoke wrench.

Carl G.

Barbara Bailey

#358 looks like the insert from an old ice-cube tray--the kind that
had a lever to crack the cubes loose.

#361 is a telephone switchboard, probably from a hotel
RAM^3

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

357. Tire Weight Pliers
358. Ice Cube Tray
359. Leg Irons
360. Pin-hole Camera
361. Pneumatic Tube terminal: probably from some store's accounting room
362. Golf tool for divot replacement

TomH

On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:06:55 -0700, "Pounds on Wood"
wrote:

"R.H." wrote in message
. ..
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

362. Reminds me of a brake repair tool, but the T & B Tri-flex tells me it
has something to do with electrical conduit/fittings

Those numbers mean something ... 42 - 55 - 22.

This is the key and the combination to the hatch of the
mysterious buried whatsit Locke blew open on LOST.

--
+ TomH + antonomasia-at-canada-dot-com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Also: http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_chr0.htm
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again.

357) Looks like a multi-function tool -- pliers, wire cutter,
hammer, crimper staple extractor, and the long claws perhaps for
tensioning the wire.

358) Ice cube tray divider -- designed to break free of the ice
cubes when the tray is flexed. (Some had a lever to break it
all free, but this one appears to not be so equipped.

359) Hmm ... looks kind of like some really ancient handcuffs
that I have seen (a screw reaches in the larger round piece to
disengage from the other half). But at 3" total I'm not sure
that it is large enough -- in which case it might be part of a
hobble for a horse?

360) Optical, for sure. I can see two possible functions:

a) As a microscope -- with that tiny a hole, the eye
should be able to focus on the pin head.

b) As a projector -- a bright light placed near the
open end should project the image of the pin head onto a
flat surface.

361) An annunciator panel. A push-button somewhere else will cause
a buzzing sound at the panel, and the flappers with the numbers
will drop to a horizontal position.

Interesting that the numbers from 1 through 6 are duplicated in
a larger size -- perhaps greater importance?

Hmm -- the holes under each one suggest that this is really a
simple phone switchboard -- perhaps for a hotel or something
similar. And I *think* that when the flappers are dropped, they
close contacts to keep making a buzzing sound until they are
reset. The holes are the jacks for patch cables to connect from
one to the next.

In that case, the six at the bottom are perhaps outside lines,
to annunciate incoming calls? But where are the jacks for
those -- somewhere outside the borders of what is shown?

362) Hmm -- T&B is (among other things) a manufacturer of crimp
connectors. But I don't think that this one has anything to do
with crimp connectors. It looks rather like a tool for bending
armatures in relays -- but it might be yet another tool for
typewriter repair.

Now to see what others have posted.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Nick Müller wrote:
Jonathan Wilson wrote:

363. Arabian dentist's tool (universal, mint condition, disenfected)

You've got a time machine now? The highest number that I see is
#362, but #357 seems a closer match to your "description". :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

JohnM

Multi-purpose pliers.

Ice cube tray

Handle for something

Homemade hashish pipe

Mailboxes

Thingy for something
Nick Müller

DoN. Nichols wrote:

You've got a time machine now?

#363 time machine adjusting tool

You wanted it, you got it! :-)

Nick
--
WDR Fernsehen:
"Ein Computer arbeitet so lange Befehle ab,
Roy Dennis

357. Cobbler's tool
358. Aluminium ice cube mould
359. Handcuffs - probably Victorian or earlier
360. Height measurement using proportional trigonometry
361. Shot firing device used in quarrying, mining or demolition?

--
Roy Dennis
www.deepingsnews.org.uk
"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

JohnM

JohnM wrote:
Multi-purpose pliers.

Ice cube tray

Handle for something

Homemade hashish pipe

Mailboxes

Thingy for something

I want to change my first answer to farrier's tool.
R.H.

The first five have been answered correctly, I'm not sure exactly what the
last one is for:
..
..
Spoilers
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
357. Tire weight tool

358. Ice cube tray insert

359. Handcuffs

360. Pin optical illusion

361. Telephone switchboard

362. This one is inscribed "Deflecting Key", I'm still researching to find
out what it would be used with.

New photos and a couple of links can be seen on the answer page:

http://pzphotosan66cv.blogspot.com/

Rob

Maloney Empire

I am guessing the first one has something to do with boot making???????????

--
Di Maloney
Victoria Australia
"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Rich Grise

On Thu, 26 May 2005 10:43:36 -0700, Carl G. wrote:
"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Just posted a new set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

360. "Inverted Pin" illusion. By looking into the open end of the film can
and through the pinhole at a bright light one can see an inverted image of
the pin.

Dang it, Carl G.! Are you _ever_ going to let me get one? ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Matthew Russotto

In article ,
R.H. wrote:

362. This one is inscribed "Deflecting Key", I'm still researching to find
out what it would be used with.

Possibly HVAC systems, for adjusting dampers.

result in a fully-depreciated one.
R.H.

"Matthew Russotto" wrote in message
In article ,
R.H. wrote:

362. This one is inscribed "Deflecting Key", I'm still researching to

find
out what it would be used with.

Possibly HVAC systems, for adjusting dampers.

I think that this is probably correct but I still haven't been able to
confirm it yet.