Default Teak Wood Available

Greetings!
I have a supply of used tongue and groove teak (about 60-90
boards,approx 3"x3/4"x8')

Any idea what it might be worth? Anyone in the Allentown area
interested? As much as this probabbly sounds like a commercial offer,
it's really not the case... I have no use for it, need the space, and
would like to see it go to someone who'll use it.

No reasonable offer refused.... But you have to pick it up!

Hal

No

Didn't somone post here a week ago or so looking for Teak in Philly area??
Depending on where that guy is, Allentown is not too far away.

Are there nail holes in the wood? are the tongues and grooves in good shape?
Is there a surface finish? Was it used as flooring? Any holly go go with it?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings!
I have a supply of used tongue and groove teak (about 60-90
boards,approx 3"x3/4"x8')

Any idea what it might be worth? Anyone in the Allentown area
interested? As much as this probabbly sounds like a commercial offer,
it's really not the case... I have no use for it, need the space, and
would like to see it go to someone who'll use it.

No reasonable offer refused.... But you have to pick it up!

Hal

AAvK

Gee whiz, out here 90 mi. north from LA on the coast I can get
teak for about $18 - $22 a BF or so, prices fluctuate here a lot.
depends on where you are. You could run an add in any local
free "recycler" type of paper, but competing upon realizing your
local prices. "Used prices"... something to that effect.

--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

To answer some of the questions:

The wood was used to pane the walls of a "hot tub room" (the tub itself
was unused/empty for the past 4 years....)

The quantity listed has nail holes in two rows, on ONE side (It was
nailed up as "panels" from the back, and the furring strips were
attached.

Most pieces have a 3 inch rabbet sp? along the top, where they were
fastened to the upper strip.

The quantity listed is the "good stuff". I have culled out the "junk"
(about 25 percent of the total quantity). I still *have* the "less
desireable" pieces, as well as a bunch of "short" (1-4 foot sections).

Overall, it's still very nice, and would probably wainscott can you
use that as a verb? s) an 8x10 room, give or take.

I figured it was worth somewhere around $2000, but I'd happily take
less if someone wanted it.

And yes, Allentown is about 90 min from Philly, at worst. I'm actually
on the south side of Allentown, right off the turnpike.

Hal

AAvK

2 entries found for wainscot.
To select an entry, click on it.

Main Entry: 1 wain·scot
Pronunciation: 'wAn-sk&t, -"skOt, -"skät
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle Dutch wagenschot,
probably from wagen wagon + schot shot, crossbar
1 British : a fine grade of oak imported for woodwork
2 a (1) : a usually paneled wooden lining of an interior wall (2):
a lining of an interior wall irrespective of material b:
the lower three or four feet (about one meter) of an
interior wall when finished differently from the remainder
of the wall

Main Entry: 2 wainscot
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -scot·ed or -scot·ted; -scot·ing or -scot·ting
: to line with or as if with boards or paneling

....sorry I just had to look up that word, but now I know it heh heh...

--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

OOps.... To answer the last two questions, the T&G is in good
condition (one in 25 pieces *may* have a split or other issue in the
"groove" side). The wood does not seem to have been finished. It has
a slightly rough surface (textured, maybe? or rustic?), But I took my
No. 4 to a few of the smaller sections, and it smooths out nicely.

Hal