doc44

Default anyone have the Craftsman 18 in. Wood and Metal Cutting Band Saw

Craftsman 18 in. Wood and Metal Cutting Band Saw

Sears item #00922450000 Mfr. model #22450

Charlie Self

doc44 wrote:
Craftsman 18 in. Wood and Metal Cutting Band Saw

Sears item #00922450000 Mfr. model #22450

And you want to know what about it?

doc44

is it worth buying?
does it do a good job on both wood and metal?

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...

doc44 wrote:
Craftsman 18 in. Wood and Metal Cutting Band Saw

Sears item #00922450000 Mfr. model #22450

And you want to know what about it?

Charlie Self

doc44 wrote:
Craftsman 18 in. Wood and Metal Cutting Band Saw

Sears item #00922450000 Mfr. model #22450

And you want to know what about it?

I can't speak to the use with metal...I don't cut enough metal in a
year to make a difference. I also don't believe it's wise to use a tool
to cut both metal and wood.

So far, my 18" has worked well. I'm not thrilled by two things, one of
which is the fence; the other is the slit for the blade coming out of
the front of the table, so the pin makes it difficult to fit an
aftermarket fence. I'll eventually put on an aftermarket fence, even if
I have to do some fiddling to make blade changes easier.

doc44

Thanks, Guess since it is out of stock it does not matter. Gonna buy the
Griz 19" instead.

doc44 wrote:
Craftsman 18 in. Wood and Metal Cutting Band Saw

Sears item #00922450000 Mfr. model #22450

And you want to know what about it?

I can't speak to the use with metal...I don't cut enough metal in a
year to make a difference. I also don't believe it's wise to use a tool
to cut both metal and wood.

So far, my 18" has worked well. I'm not thrilled by two things, one of
which is the fence; the other is the slit for the blade coming out of
the front of the table, so the pin makes it difficult to fit an
aftermarket fence. I'll eventually put on an aftermarket fence, even if
I have to do some fiddling to make blade changes easier.

Steam Bending Lumber - Any Good Sites Big John Woodworking 2 December 26th 04 06:30 PM
FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
Transferring images to metal or wood [email protected] Woodworking 3 December 20th 04 11:47 PM
Band saws for wood and metal [email protected] Metalworking 15 January 26th 04 09:38 PM