Default *** Attention Left Handers ***

*** Attention Left Handers ***

Why are basic tools made so left-handers can't use them properly?

Why should you or your children have to compromise and adapt every day?

Have you had enough of this?

Discover the real benefits proper left-handed products can bring to
your family.

Be a proud left-hander and show how well you can perform!

How Many People Can You Reach To Better Their Lives.

Please Forward To As Many People As Possible.

Click Here http://www.LeftHander.Official.ws/

Pounds on Wood

wrote in message
oups.com...
*** Attention Left Handers ***

Why are basic tools made so left-handers can't use them properly?

Why should you or your children have to compromise and adapt every day?

Click Here http://www.LeftHander.Official.ws/

Best bet is to teach them right hand dominance in preschool. None of that
left hand crap in my house.

--
********
Bill Pounds

Guess who

On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:14:01 -0700, "Pounds on Wood"
wrote:

Best bet is to teach them right hand dominance in preschool. None of that
left hand crap in my house.

Right handed people are controlled by the left side of the brain, and
left-handed by the right. That means that only left handed people are
in their right minds.

Along the same line ... Some guy said that we use only ten percent of
our brain. The way I figure it, there's a 90% chance that he's wrong.

Robatoy

wrote:

Best bet is to teach them right hand dominance in preschool. None of that
left hand crap in my house.

Right handed people are controlled by the left side of the brain, and
left-handed by the right. That means that only left handed people are
in their right minds.

Along the same line ... Some guy said that we use only ten percent of
our brain. The way I figure it, there's a 90% chance that he's wrong.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Robatoy" wrote in message

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

And you'd still have one arm left

Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

And you'd still have one arm left

I've gotta hand it to you...

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Robatoy wrote:

wrote:

Best bet is to teach them right hand dominance in preschool. None of that
left hand crap in my house.

Right handed people are controlled by the left side of the brain, and
left-handed by the right. That means that only left handed people are
in their right minds.

Along the same line ... Some guy said that we use only ten percent of
our brain. The way I figure it, there's a 90% chance that he's wrong.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

That sounds very much like a sinister thought to me.

D Steck

I know you're joking but it struck a nerve. I was born left handed and had
a grandparent that watched me frequently and beat me into being right
handed. When that grandparent died, I shed no tears.

I'm good now with both hands, but do have a problem - Like Joe C. I ordered
some custom chisels for both handed people and spent a small fortune. I'm
tired of pounding my forehead into the chisel but I don't want to just throw
them away.

wrote in message
oups.com...
*** Attention Left Handers ***

Why are basic tools made so left-handers can't use them properly?

Why should you or your children have to compromise and adapt every day?

Click Here http://www.LeftHander.Official.ws/

Best bet is to teach them right hand dominance in preschool. None of that
left hand crap in my house.

--
********
Bill Pounds
http://www.billpounds.com

Duane Bozarth

....Top posting repaired...

D Steck wrote:

I know you're joking but it struck a nerve. I was born left handed and had
a grandparent that watched me frequently and beat me into being right
handed. When that grandparent died, I shed no tears.

I've read Bill's posting several times and am not so sure--hopefully he
is.

As another lefthander who suffered similar treatment (in school, not at
home, thankfully), I can attest it isn't a good solution. It certainly
leads to stress at a minimum and can manifest itself in a myriad of
other problems such as stuttering, etc.
Pounds on Wood

D Steck wrote:

I know you're joking but it struck a nerve. I was born left handed and

had
a grandparent that watched me frequently and beat me into being right
handed. When that grandparent died, I shed no tears.

I've read Bill's posting several times and am not so sure--hopefully he
is.

YES! Bill was joking. I am surprised and disappointed that the practice of
punishing lefties is recent enough that anyone here experienced it. I know
some you guys are old, but shees, that should have ended in the 19th
century.

My son is left handed.

--
********
Bill Pounds

Charles Spitzer

D Steck wrote:

I know you're joking but it struck a nerve. I was born left handed and

had
a grandparent that watched me frequently and beat me into being right
handed. When that grandparent died, I shed no tears.

I've read Bill's posting several times and am not so sure--hopefully he
is.

YES! Bill was joking. I am surprised and disappointed that the practice
of
punishing lefties is recent enough that anyone here experienced it. I
know
some you guys are old, but shees, that should have ended in the 19th
century.

My son is left handed.

--
********
Bill Pounds
http://www.billpounds.com

i was switched as a kid, sometime in the early 60's.

Dave in Fairfax

Pounds on Wood wrote:
YES! Bill was joking. I am surprised and disappointed that the practice of
punishing lefties is recent enough that anyone here experienced it. I know
some you guys are old, but shees, that should have ended in the 19th
century.
My son is left handed.

I'm glad that it's an ancient practice. It gave me lousy
handwriting and the ability to do most things with either hand.
I'm still going to blame it for my ongoing confusion though. That
and the teacher who taught us that North is up South is down East
and West are right and left respectively, but couldn't explain
what to do if you turned around. Really.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:03:12 -0700, Pounds on Wood wrote:

YES! Bill was joking. I am surprised and disappointed that the practice of
punishing lefties is recent enough that anyone here experienced it. I know
some you guys are old, but shees, that should have ended in the 19th
century.

Yup. Someone tries that on my kid, and we'll have a _long_ discussion
about it.

My son is left handed.

My 6 year old daugher is too, my son is only 7 months but seems to
be favoring his right. We'll see...

curley maple

D Steck wrote:

I know you're joking but it struck a nerve. I was born left handed and

had
a grandparent that watched me frequently and beat me into being right
handed. When that grandparent died, I shed no tears.

I've read Bill's posting several times and am not so sure--hopefully he
is.

YES! Bill was joking. I am surprised and disappointed that the practice of
punishing lefties is recent enough that anyone here experienced it. I know
some you guys are old, but shees, that should have ended in the 19th
century.

My son is left handed.

1-4th grade circa 1957...

I had 5 teachers try to break me of being left handed.

mac davis

On Wed, 18 May 2005 10:42:04 -0500, "Grant P. Beagles"
wrote:

My dad tried that when I was little. I am so left handed that I went without
meals because I didn't have the dexterity to use a fork or spoon with my right
hand.

Grant

My oldest brother is just the opposite....
My sister was about 5 when he was born, and she's a lefty... when he picked
something up with his right hand, she thought it was wrong and corrected him..

I've envied his ability for years.. writes with either hand, uses a wrench in
each hand when taking down engines, etc...

Pounds on Wood wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
*** Attention Left Handers ***

Why are basic tools made so left-handers can't use them properly?

Why should you or your children have to compromise and adapt every day?

Click Here http://www.LeftHander.Official.ws/

Best bet is to teach them right hand dominance in preschool. None of that
left hand crap in my house.

--
********
Bill Pounds
http://www.billpounds.com

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Charles Krug

wrote:

My dad tried that when I was little. I am so left handed that I went without
meals because I didn't have the dexterity to use a fork or spoon with my right
hand.

Grant

My oldest brother is just the opposite....
My sister was about 5 when he was born, and she's a lefty... when he picked
something up with his right hand, she thought it was wrong and corrected him..

I've envied his ability for years.. writes with either hand, uses a wrench in
each hand when taking down engines, etc...

I write and throw only right, but I'm equally strong on both sides.
I've been told that I'm left-footed and I'm DEFINITELY left-eyed.

Makes shooting awkward, but it pleases my karate sensei to no end when
she sees me being equally . .well . . . equally clumsy at this point,

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
*** Attention Left Handers ***

Why are basic tools made so left-handers can't use them properly?

Why should you or your children have to compromise and adapt every day?

A agree and I've bought a lot of left handed tools. It cost almost double,
but the lefthanded screwdriver is a dream to use. Same with the lefthanded
hammer and adjustable wrench (both metric and imperial sizes).
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Pounds on Wood

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

A agree and I've bought a lot of left handed tools. It cost almost

double,
but the lefthanded screwdriver is a dream to use. Same with the lefthanded
hammer and adjustable wrench (both metric and imperial sizes).
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Does your screw driver have reverse rotation? I heard that was really
dangerous.

--
********
Bill Pounds

Dave in Fairfax

Pounds on Wood wrote:
Does your screw driver have reverse rotation? I heard that was really
dangerous.

I think it's more confusing than dangerous. I've got some left
handed froes though, now THOSE are dangerous.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/

Joe C

"CW" wrote in message
k.net...
I don't know if you were joking about the left handed adjustable wrench or
not but there is such a thing. Got ahold of one once. Never could get used
to it.

CW, if you're serious, welcome to our world..... :-)

of course, all you righties have us to thank for the left-tilt saw. And
you're welcome.

jc

Edwin Pawlowski

"CW" wrote in message
k.net...
I don't know if you were joking about the left handed adjustable wrench or
not but there is such a thing. Got ahold of one once. Never could get used
to it.

I was joking. What is different about it?

Woodchuck34

Righties don't realize the subtle differences. Take a close look at a
measuring cup that has a spout on it. Try reading the gradiation in
your left hand. My mother is also a lefty and always complains that
the spouts on ladles are on the wrong side, causing quite a mess.

I got my finger caught in a gas powered hedge trimmer because it was
designed for a righty (an extra handle along the blade shaft for
guiding the tool).

Fortunately for me, my right hand is still the strongest, but I write
and eat left. Makes it great for driving screw into tight places as I
can easily use either hand.

jo4hn

Woodchuck34 wrote:
Righties don't realize the subtle differences. Take a close look at a
measuring cup that has a spout on it. Try reading the gradiation in
your left hand. My mother is also a lefty and always complains that
the spouts on ladles are on the wrong side, causing quite a mess.

I got my finger caught in a gas powered hedge trimmer because it was
designed for a righty (an extra handle along the blade shaft for
guiding the tool).

Fortunately for me, my right hand is still the strongest, but I write
and eat left. Makes it great for driving screw into tight places as I
can easily use either hand.

Ayup. I'm AC/DC myself. Makes life easier. ;-)
jo4hn
Robin Lee

"Woodchuck34" wrote in message
oups.com...
Righties don't realize the subtle differences. Take a close look at a
measuring cup that has a spout on it. Try reading the gradiation in
your left hand. My mother is also a lefty and always complains that
the spouts on ladles are on the wrong side, causing quite a mess.

snip

....you just don't shop at the right places....

http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page....104,45477&ap=1
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,43513,43003
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,41182,41187
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...=2,42706,45668
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,180,42334

Heck - we even sell single gloves in a lot of the glove line...

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...=2,42407,33246

Dextrously yours -

Rob

Robert Bonomi

In article .com,
Woodchuck34 wrote:
Righties don't realize the subtle differences. Take a close look at a
measuring cup that has a spout on it. Try reading the gradiation in
your left hand.

Some of us buy measuring cups with labels on _both_ sides for exactly that
reason. grin

My mother is also a lefty and always complains that
the spouts on ladles are on the wrong side, causing quite a mess.

She isn't shopping in the right places, either. Ladles are available
that pour from _both_ sides. solves -that- problem quite handily.

Oh, BTW, I really *do* have a _left-handed_monkey_wrench_ in my tools.
Belonged to my grandfather -- maintenance engineer at a large mining
operation in N. Idaho. He may have made it himself, in the shop. The
reverse thread on the adjustment drives anybody else trying to use it
absolutely *batty*. It's amazing how few requests I get to borrow tools,
after people experience _that_ one. grin

Joe User

Woodchuck34 wrote:
Righties don't realize the subtle differences. Take a close look at a
measuring cup that has a spout on it.

Hey, on a positive note, this lefty is learning SI units; all the wife's
measuring cups are labeled so that I see ml instead of oz.

-j
Doug Miller

In article TN1he.1$4d6.0@trndny04, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"CW" wrote in message
nk.net...
I don't know if you were joking about the left handed adjustable wrench or
not but there is such a thing. Got ahold of one once. Never could get used
to it.

I was joking. What is different about it?

The adjusting screw turns the opposite direction, so that, to tighten or
loosen it, you make the same motion with your left thumb that you would make
with your right thumb on a standard adjustable wrench.

--
Regards,

CW

Different thread. When holding a standard adjustable wrench in the right
hand, roll the adjustment wheel forward and the wrench tightens. With a left
hand wrench, hold it in your left hand, roll the wheel forward and it
tightens. Really hard to get used to if your right handed. Probably hard for
a lefty to get used to too as he would likely be used to the right hand
model.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"CW" wrote in message
k.net...
I don't know if you were joking about the left handed adjustable wrench

or
not but there is such a thing. Got ahold of one once. Never could get

used
to it.

I was joking. What is different about it?

Joe C

ALL of my chisels are left handed models. Cost me a small fortune to have
them custom made that way too.

But well worth it in my humble opinion.

jc