John Moorhead

Default A good vendor

Folks -

I don't know how many of you have heard of Enco Supply (
http://www.use-enco.com ) But I ordered a bunch of drill bits from them -
easy to use website and a good catalog... The prices were very good too...

Anyway, I placed my order online on Wednesday evening, got *immediate*
confirmation, (everything was spot on 46868151) and got the shipment today,
via UPS ground. I was very pleasantly surprised at the speed of service.

No affiliation, other than being a satisfied, and soon, repeat customer.

John Moorhead

Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:26:25 GMT, "John Moorhead"
wrote:

Folks -

I don't know how many of you have heard of Enco Supply (
http://www.use-enco.com ) But I ordered a bunch of drill bits from them -
easy to use website and a good catalog... The prices were very good too...

Anyway, I placed my order online on Wednesday evening, got *immediate*
confirmation, (everything was spot on 46868151) and got the shipment today,
via UPS ground. I was very pleasantly surprised at the speed of service.

No affiliation, other than being a satisfied, and soon, repeat customer.

John Moorhead

Haven't used Enco since they closed their retail stores; I used to go to
the one south of DFW airport. Their layout and measurement tools were
well-priced and affordable for woodworking applications -- probably don't
hold to the best tolerances for machinists, but plenty good for woodworking
and more precise than dedicated woodworking tools. Got my planer setup
tool and a circle jig from them. I did get my Brown & Sharpe caliper from
them, so they also carry (carried) some high-end stuff also.

I'll have to check out the on-line store. Thanks for the link.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
A wheelbarrow! Why didn't you say we had a wheelbarrow; you should
have included that in our list of assets!
Westley -- Princess Bride
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Jim

Thanks. I need some place else to spend money. G Seriously, it's
great you posted this. Good service should be rewarded & it's nice to
have alternatives.

CW

Enco was what Harbor Freight is now. I used to buy some things there years
ago when they had a local store. My drill press is an Enco. Don't know if
they have changed but used to be, ordering from them was iffy. Service was
good but a lot of what they had was crap.
"John Moorhead" wrote in message
Folks -

I don't know how many of you have heard of Enco Supply (
http://www.use-enco.com ) But I ordered a bunch of drill bits from them -
easy to use website and a good catalog... The prices were very good

too...

Anyway, I placed my order online on Wednesday evening, got *immediate*
confirmation, (everything was spot on 46868151) and got the shipment

today,
via UPS ground. I was very pleasantly surprised at the speed of service.

No affiliation, other than being a satisfied, and soon, repeat customer.

John Moorhead

David Merrill

Search 'Enco' on rec.crafts.metalworking. They are currently owned by MSC
industrial supply and many items are common to both vendors. There are many
more metalworking products than woodworking products. Both put out a
monthly sales flyer, Enco's is online in *.pdf format, MSC's isn't, as far
as I know. Usually, but not always, the prices for the same items in the
Enco sales flyer are 5-10 percent lower than those in the MSC flyer. On the
other hand, an MSC order placed before 4:00 PM normally is delivered the
next day for when that is important. Both offer imported items as well as
corresponding Made-in-USA items, differing in quality and priced
accordingly. Some of the import items can be had from Harbor Freight for
considerably less than Enco's prices.

David Merrill