Christian

Default saving the fingers...

wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking

http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm

Christian

Bill C.

Christian wrote in message on
Tuesday 26 April 2005 09:26 pm:

wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking

http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm

Christian

That's pretty impressive!
Patrick Fischer

It is impressive. Wonder what functionality/versatility you have to give up
to have it on your saw? Suppose it works at 45 degrees?

Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA

"Christian" wrote in message
wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking

http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm

Christian

Edwin Pawlowski

"Patrick Fischer" wrote in message
It is impressive. Wonder what functionality/versatility you have to give
up to have it on your saw? Suppose it works at 45 degrees?

Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA

Seems to me the government should demand this to be on all saws for our own
protection.

Jim Behning

It has nothing to do with angles of cut. Or put another way the saw
they had at the trade show is a saw (system). It does any cut you do
with your regular saw. It just has a sensor that stops the saw
quickly. No retrofit. You just buy their saw instead of the unisaw.

"Christian" wrote in message
wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking

http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm

Christian

Jim B.

LRod

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:26:37 GMT, "Christian"
wrote:

wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking

http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm

Wow! Is this new? How come I haven't heard about this?

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

J. Clarke

Christian wrote:

wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking

http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm

Christian

Not another sawstop thread. Geez. Go to google groups and search on
"sawstop" and you'll find a vast number of posts.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
J. Clarke

Patrick Fischer wrote:

It is impressive. Wonder what functionality/versatility you have to give
up to have it on your saw? Suppose it works at 45 degrees?

Supposedly it works fine on the saws that Sawstop sells, and you can't get
it any other way.

Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA

"Christian" wrote in message
wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking

http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm

Christian

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
J. Clarke

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Patrick Fischer" wrote in message
It is impressive. Wonder what functionality/versatility you have to give
up to have it on your saw? Suppose it works at 45 degrees?

Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA

Seems to me the government should demand this to be on all saws for our
own protection.

Oh, now _why_ did you have to say that? Wonder how long _this_ thread is
going to go?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Robatoy

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Seems to me the government should demand this to be on all saws for our own
protection.

I'll check with the news group's moderator, but if you also make it
mandatory to use larger breakers, for more power....... I think you
might have something there.

Robatoy

wrote:

wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking

http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm

Wow! Is this new? How come I haven't heard about this?

No ****, man. If I hadn't just seen it, I wouldn't have believed it
either. You'll need a larger breaker for more power.
Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
LRod wrote:

Wow! Is this new? How come I haven't heard about this?

Yaknow wha's cool? When ya watch the video, move the player slider back
an' forth and try to get the hotdog through the blade before it drops. I
spent hours trying to lop off a piece o'that wiener with no luck - Man!
that thing is Andy Griffith "goooo-oood."
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05

Highland Pairos

You girlie mahns might be the consistency of wieners but I am more like red
oak so I guess I am screwed either way. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to
be crazy and keep my fingers out of the blade.

SteveP.

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Christian wrote:

wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking

http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm

Christian

Not another sawstop thread. Geez. Go to google groups and search on
"sawstop" and you'll find a vast number of posts.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:27:39 -0400, the inscrutable Robatoy
spake:

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Seems to me the government should demand this to be on all saws for our own
protection.

Your kind -deserves- the gov't it gets, Edwin.

I'll check with the news group's moderator, but if you also make it
mandatory to use larger breakers, for more power....... I think you
might have something there.

More power is dangerous, so the gov't will mandate 5-amp maximum
breaker size "for our own protection." Just like England outlawed
dado blades. (Tell us how you like that, Andy, et al.)

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance

woodworker88

They had this in This Old House a couple years ago. I'll look up the
exact article.

Dave Hinz

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:26:37 GMT, Christian wrote:
wow check this out.... just saw the pub in the june fine woodworking

http://www.sawstop.com/video.htm

That's nice. Still can't buy one though:

"Click here to place a non-binding preorder for your SawStop cabinet
saw. SawStop will fill pre-orders in the order received."

Dave Hinz

What, the one about how top-posting ****s up conversation flow?

John C

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Patrick Fischer" wrote in message
It is impressive. Wonder what functionality/versatility you have to give
up to have it on your saw? Suppose it works at 45 degrees?

Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA

Seems to me the government should demand this to be on all saws for our
own protection.

Patriarch

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Seems to me the government should demand this to be on all saws for
our own protection.

Your kind -deserves- the gov't it gets, Edwin.

I'll check with the news group's moderator, but if you also make it
mandatory to use larger breakers, for more power....... I think you
might have something there.

More power is dangerous, so the gov't will mandate 5-amp maximum
breaker size "for our own protection." Just like England outlawed
dado blades. (Tell us how you like that, Andy, et al.)

After all this time, you still don't recognize when Ed is being sarcastic?

Hint: Much of the time. He's my kind of fellow.

Patriarch
Vic Baron

That's nice. Still can't buy one though:

"Click here to place a non-binding preorder for your SawStop cabinet
saw. SawStop will fill pre-orders in the order received."

Patience, Dave, patience. When they get enough orders to make it profitable
they will make another demo machine to sell, unless the government mandates
that everyone must retrofit their saw with the WeenieSaver.

Hmm - brings up a question - if you cook the weenie first will it still stop
he blade?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Upscale

"Vic Baron" wrote in message news:x8Tbe.8674

Hmm - brings up a question - if you cook the weenie first will it still

stop
he blade?

Of course not. At that point, the saw-stop turns into a slice and dice
machine suitable for any modern kitchen. Before you can say "Shazzam", your
cooked weenie is filleted and spread out like a butterfly pork chop ready
for all the accoutrements and garnishes.

Upscale

"mare" lid.com wrote in
message
I phoned them and they say they could one have delivered in two weeks.
Too bad it costs 800 US dollar to deliver to Eastern Canada. Which is
just a bit too much.

Not surprised considering they're in Oregon. So you're going to have to get
creative. Plan a holiday where you fly over there and drive back in a uHaul
rental. The savings on the $800 US shipping cost is factored into the cost
of the rental and you get a nice cross-continent trip out of it. Hell, if I
could halve my age and do something like that, I'd be all over it.

Robatoy

In article 36,
Patriarch wrote:

After all this time, you still don't recognize when Ed is being sarcastic?

Hint: Much of the time. He's my kind of fellow.

....and mine
John DeBoo

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Patrick Fischer" wrote in message

It is impressive. Wonder what functionality/versatility you have to give
up to have it on your saw? Suppose it works at 45 degrees?

Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA

Seems to me the government should demand this to be on all saws for our own
protection.

But then there wouldn't be anything to toss into a bowl of Wendy's
chili. Mmmm, finger licking good!