Lawrence L'Hote

Default Latest Curb Crawlin' Acquisition

Picked this pair of chairs next to someone's trash. I believe they are ash
or red oak. The owner tried to repair them with gobs of glue and screws.
Apparently, they vented their frustrations on the bottom part of one chair
on the left. I can easily make the right chair good with parts from the left
but one complete leg is missing. They are topcoated with gosh awful gloss
polyurethane.
http://home.mchsi.com/%7Elawlhote/Du...ngchairbig.jpg

Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com

Bill C.

Lawrence L'Hote wrote in message Qrsbe.22207$r53.3987@attbi_s21 on Tuesday
26 April 2005 10:42 am:

Picked this pair of chairs next to someone's trash. I believe they are ash
or red oak. The owner tried to repair them with gobs of glue and screws.
Apparently, they vented their frustrations on the bottom part of one chair
on the left. I can easily make the right chair good with parts from the
left but one complete leg is missing. They are topcoated with gosh awful
gloss polyurethane.
http://home.mchsi.com/%7Elawlhote/Du...ngchairbig.jpg

Larry

My wife grabbed a set of 6 spindle-back maple chairs a few weeks ago. Five
are repairable, the seat of the sixth is going to become a matching
platter. :-)
Bill

Patriarch

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in

Picked this pair of chairs next to someone's trash.

So who do you give all this stuff to, once you're done fixing the world's
furniture problems? There's no way it all fits in your place.

I have a brother-in-law who is correctly accused of bringing more home from
the dump than he takes. My sister has gotten to the point of making the
dump run herself, when he's out of town...

Patriarch
John Thomas

Patriarch wrote in
. 97.136:

I have a brother-in-law who is correctly accused of bringing more home
from the dump than he takes. My sister has gotten to the point of
making the dump run herself, when he's out of town...

Patriarch

Here, (Oregon, greater PDX area) -- they won't let you take stuff outta
the dump. Probably a good thing, as I'd be in the same boat.

I have, however, found a local woodworking shop (not really sure what
they make) that sets out a smallish dumpster of cutoffs every so often.
I've made a couple of good scores there ...

Regards,

JT
Lawrence L'Hote

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in

Picked this pair of chairs next to someone's trash.

So who do you give all this stuff to, once you're done fixing the world's
furniture problems? There's no way it all fits in your place.

Accumulating other people's junk has made for a space problem. I have
relatives, who don't meet my worthiness requirement, that want anything I
will give them. Otherwise, I will just give stuff away to people that show
an interest. These two chairs are not my style really and I plan to fix one
and cannibalize the wood from the other...

Larry