DiezMon

Default kitchen cabinet resources?

Hello all,

I'm looking for information on building some of my own kitchen cabinets.
The style I'm interested in is a basic flat panel, or solid recessed.

Are there some good online sites that have plans and/or how-to's ?

thanks,

Tim

Tim:

A Google search will reveal a ton of sites that can help. But a trip
to the library and a full day of reading would be the best. Pictures,
methods, techniques, joinery, etc. are all at your fingertips with
illustrations and no ads.

I have even seen some decent books in the remodeling/craft section of
the local Barnes and Noble.

If you are looking for a basic cabinet using basic tools, we used to
build (OK, 30 years ago) a standard carcass with half lap doors with
nothing more than ajobsite table saw, a router to round over the edges,
and an old PC Speedbloc sander. They were beautiful by the time the
painters stained them.

We also made fake raised panels by glueing and bradding 3/4" routed
edged design panels onto 1/4"
plain birch panel to make it look raised. To do the door contruction
we set up the table saw and made through mortise and tenon joints that
were more sturdy than the fancy ones I make today with my cabinet bits.

Robert

SonomaProducts.com

There is a bible out there. I've seen it in every commercial cabinet
shop I've spent time in. However, being more of a furniture guy I just
never paid attention to the detail like authors name or book name.
Although I have used it as a reference and others have used it to
explain things and teach me.

I'm sure lot's o' people here can tell you that name of this damn
thang.

BW

.HMFIC@1369

First. Get brochures from all the manufacturers, some will have Very
detailed examples, but also give you ideas. Hit the Lowes and Home
Depots/Expo and the like for design ideas and look over features you may
want to add..

Second: Pay attention to detail, cabinet manufacturers don't always make the
BEST cabinet, but one of ease of build and cost.

Third: Go to a book store, and look over all the Kitchen & Cabinet books
Also examine Router Books they do have a lot of designs and in many cases a
detailed example of making doors, cabinets etc.

Fourth: Use either a CAD to examine your project or the old fashion way with
pen and paper.

Fifth: Depending on what you are doing, making a simple cardboard mockup of
the cabinet and using that as your point of reference mounting it in
different locations modifying the size etc etc.

You also might want to look at the router Glue Bit, and the Kreg Pocket
Screw tool.... both make some things easier and stronger!!!

Good LUCK! Joe