JGS

Default OT- SW for Invoicing/Inventory

Hi,
I am looking for a software package that will track inventory for
150-200 items, produce invoices and adjust inventory accordingly.
Suggestions, or any leads, Thanks, JG

Xlat

Quickbooks, cheap, easy

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:21:10 -0400, JGS
wrote:

Hi,
I am looking for a software package that will track inventory for
150-200 items, produce invoices and adjust inventory accordingly.
Suggestions, or any leads, Thanks, JG

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!
Tom Watson

wrote:

Hi,
I am looking for a software package that will track inventory for
150-200 items, produce invoices and adjust inventory accordingly.
Suggestions, or any leads, Thanks, JG

Why not just set it up in Excel?

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Phil

"JGS" wrote in message
Hi,
I am looking for a software package that will track inventory for
150-200 items, produce invoices and adjust inventory accordingly.
Suggestions, or any leads, Thanks, JG

QuickBooks POS (That's Point of Sale not the other one...)
is a neat program.

You can request a free 30 day demo on their web site. I got
one for my brother and he likes it and it's not completely out
of sight money wise.

--
Phil Davis
247PalmBeachRE.com

no(SPAM)vasys

Ba r r y wrote:

Does Quick Books do inventory?

Barry

Yes.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

Leon

"JGS" wrote in message
Hi,
I am looking for a software package that will track inventory for
150-200 items, produce invoices and adjust inventory accordingly.
Suggestions, or any leads, Thanks, JG

CutList Plus will do that. The Gold edition.

Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:04:11 -0400, "Phil" wrote:

"JGS" wrote in message
Hi,
I am looking for a software package that will track inventory for
150-200 items, produce invoices and adjust inventory accordingly.
Suggestions, or any leads, Thanks, JG

QuickBooks POS (That's Point of Sale not the other one...)
is a neat program.

You can request a free 30 day demo on their web site. I got
one for my brother and he likes it and it's not completely out
of sight money wise.

Just so that you are forwarned going into a relationship with Intuit,
take a look at
http://www.google.com/custom?domains=www.gripe2ed.com&q=quickbooks&sa=Se arch&sitesearch=www.gripe2ed.com&client=pub-2717105508458527&forid=1&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&cof=GALT%3A%23008000%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23336699% 3BVLC%3A663399%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BLBGC %3A336699%3BALC%3A0000FF%3BLC%3A0000FF%3BT%3A00000 0%3BGFNT%3A0000FF%3BGIMP%3A0000FF%3BFORID%3A1%3B&h l=en

Hopefully that doesn't line wrap. If so, go to www.gripe2ed.com and
type in "quickbooks" in the search engine, specifying searching the
gripelog.

I suggest this since the OP doesn't already have an investment of time
and effort in setting up a QB ledger, thus if he can identify alternatives,
this is the time to do so.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody
Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Hopefully that doesn't line wrap. If so, go to www.gripe2ed.com and
type in "quickbooks" in the search engine, specifying searching the
gripelog.

I suggest this since the OP doesn't already have an investment of time
and effort in setting up a QB ledger, thus if he can identify
alternatives,
this is the time to do so.

What are the alternatives? We have a $20,000 accounting/inventory program
at work and they have the same policies. I suspect that many do.

Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:42:11 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Hopefully that doesn't line wrap. If so, go to www.gripe2ed.com and
type in "quickbooks" in the search engine, specifying searching the
gripelog.

I suggest this since the OP doesn't already have an investment of time
and effort in setting up a QB ledger, thus if he can identify
alternatives,
this is the time to do so.

What are the alternatives? We have a $20,000 accounting/inventory program
at work and they have the same policies. I suspect that many do.

From http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/comments/2004/9/17/82751/2423/3
Peachtree is recommended by one of the respondents. I took a look at their
website, not sure what comes in each package, but the prices look
competetive.

Peachtree's obsolescence policy seems somewhat less onerous than Intuit's
(they support current version plus two versions back).

Since I don't use business accounting software (my experience is with
Quicken and TurboTax), I can't comment beyond what I was able to find on
the www.peachtree.com web page.