Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
rob

Default Outdoor play systems/swingsets you have built?

Hi,
I am going to start planning a play system to build for my son this
summer. I have looked at some home centers and online and have found
quite a few kits that come with the hardware and plans. I am leaning
towards going this route and then modifying it to get it just the way
we want. I was just hoping to get some input from people who have built
their own on some of the following points:
- What kit/plans did you use, and how was it to build. How is the
finished product?
- Did you use a kit or build from scratch?
- What did you sue for lumber material and what prep did you do on it?
- What modifications did you make?
- How long did it take, and how does that correspond to the time you
expected?
- Are the kits a good buy, or can you piecemeal the parts you need for
cheaper?
- General observations and advice you could provide.
- MOST IMPORTANT : What activities on the system do your kids like and
use the most? Or, what do they wish you would have added?

And if you would like to share some pics of what you have built that
would be super. I am looking forward to this project. Thanks for any
information you folks can provide. I look forward to the discussion.

Thanks!
RobC

Table Saw Magic - anyone built any of the jigs? john moorhead Woodworking 25 February 18th 04 12:20 PM
Factory built home vs. traditional site built home Todd Home Ownership 10 January 9th 04 01:23 PM
Built in Gas Hobs Pete UK diy 8 December 27th 03 03:01 PM
Built in cooker advice required [email protected] UK diy 3 November 21st 03 05:01 PM
removing built in wardrobes NC UK diy 4 August 11th 03 04:13 PM