Fly-by-Night CC

Default Today's chuckle: SWBell Voice Mail

Here's an audio file that seems to be making the water cooler rounds:

http://home.swbell.net/kf5tv/voicemail.mp3

I wasn't sure it was real until I got the link above to SW Bell - the
other file I received was just sent as a file. It is pretty funny and I
can picture it so clearly...
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
Scott Lurndal

Fly-by-Night CC writes:
Here's an audio file that seems to be making the water cooler rounds:

http://home.swbell.net/kf5tv/voicemail.mp3

I wasn't sure it was real until I got the link above to SW Bell - the
other file I received was just sent as a file. It is pretty funny and I
can picture it so clearly.

Home.swbell.net is where ISP customers can host their own personal
webpages. This page is hosted by user 'kf5tv'. In now way is this
a product of swbell
Art Greenberg

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:46:57 GMT, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Fly-by-Night CC writes:
Here's an audio file that seems to be making the water cooler rounds:

http://home.swbell.net/kf5tv/voicemail.mp3

I wasn't sure it was real until I got the link above to SW Bell - the
other file I received was just sent as a file. It is pretty funny and I
can picture it so clearly.

Home.swbell.net is where ISP customers can host their own personal
webpages. This page is hosted by user 'kf5tv'. In now way is this
a product of swbell
..

Been around a long time:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/mishaps/beating.asp

--
Art Greenberg
artg AT eclipse DOT net
Fly-by-Night CC

In article . net,
Art Greenberg wrote:

Been around a long time:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/mishaps/beating.asp

But don't leave folks with the impression that because it's on Snopes
that it's a fake:

As to the questions of whether the account given above is an accurate
explanation of the origins of this audio clip, and whether the traffic
incident described actually took place, we have to leave them as
"Undetermined" for now. A inquiry posed to the corporate offices of Jack in
the Box restaurants produced the following response:
Thank you for your inquiry. The message that has been in circulation is an
actual voice mail message. The incident occurred 5-6 years ago in Texas. I'm
not sure how the recording got outside the company or if the employee still
works for Jack in the Box, but the recording periodically re-surfaces on the
radio and the internet.
Even if this explanation is accurate (i.e., the clip originated as a message
left on a Jack in the Box employee's voicemail), it doesn't preclude the
possibility that the accident described never took place, and the recording
was just a prank one employee pulled on a co-worker.

Since this clip surfaced on the Internet in early 2005, several radio
programs have aired interviews with persons claiming to have some involvement
with this audio clip. On 4 February 2005, the nationally syndicated Coast to
Coast AM show put through a caller who maintained he was the person who had
been beaten by the women as described in the purported voicemail message. In
late February, several stations broadcast interviews with a man named Michael
Childs, who said that he was the one who left the voicemail message, that the
clip was genuine, and that the accident described took place about six years
ago in Athens, Texas, while he was working as a construction manager for Jack
in the Box. Although Mr. Childs' voice certainly sounds very much like the
one in the recording, we still can't rule out the possibility that this clip
was a prank rather than a live description of real events.