stoutman

Default Dermatitis From Ash??

Recently I developed a rash on my hands and I couldn't figure out why. My
wife suspected that it was the ash that I have been using recently.

I googled a little and ash (along with several other wood species) can cause
contact dermatitis.

I guess I need to wear gloves when using ash for now on.

Anyone else been affected (dermatitis) from ash or other wood species?

Thanks

George

"stoutman" wrote in message
. com...
Recently I developed a rash on my hands and I couldn't figure out why. My
wife suspected that it was the ash that I have been using recently.

I googled a little and ash (along with several other wood species) can

cause
contact dermatitis.

I guess I need to wear gloves when using ash for now on.

Anyone else been affected (dermatitis) from ash or other wood species?

Someone's sensitive to anything you can imagine.

I have gotten swollen red hands from feeling ash, but that's because she
slapped me....

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 02:02:00 GMT, "stoutman" wrote:

I googled a little and ash (along with several other wood species) can cause
contact dermatitis.

Green or dry? For UK species (Fraxinus excelsior) it's notable that
the green timber and dust is quite different to when dried (green ash
sawdust turns pink while you watch) . Although it's generally regarded
as a benign timber, there have been anecdotal reports of more
sensitive people getting reactions to the green timber.