rob

Default New Grizzly 8" jointer?

I just saw that Grizz just came out with a new 8" x 75" jointer, the
G0586. I can not see the difference between this one and the G0500, but
the new one is listed at $625, and the G0500 is still $875. Both look
to have the same specs, except the new 586 has the upper switch box.
Both 2 HP, 4 blades, weight, etc. Can anyone tell what the differences
would be? Seems like a phenomenal deal for an 8" jointer if the body is
identical to the G0500.

Rob Ritch

"rob" wrote in news:1112964723.230969.113050
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I just saw that Grizz just came out with a new 8" x 75" jointer, the
G0586. I can not see the difference between this one and the G0500, but
the new one is listed at $625, and the G0500 is still $875. Both look
to have the same specs, except the new 586 has the upper switch box.
Both 2 HP, 4 blades, weight, etc. Can anyone tell what the differences
would be? Seems like a phenomenal deal for an 8" jointer if the body is
identical to the G0500.

Another to consider may be the G1018. Just received an email that it is on
sale for $595.00

brianlanning

They use different cutters. Check them out on their site.

The look the same to me. Both four knives. Both 3". Both shielded
and lubicated bearings...

rob

Where do you see that the cutters are different? I see both have 3"
diameter 4 knife cutterheads...

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

rob wrote:
I just saw that Grizz just came out with a new 8" x 75" jointer, the
G0586. I can not see the difference between this one and the G0500, but
the new one is listed at $625, and the G0500 is still $875.

It looks virtually identical to the Geetech I just bought with the exception of
the switchbox. What's not absolutely clear is whether it has a magnetic
switch. In any case, it appears to be a hell of a deal. Be cognizant that some
folks have had problems aligning the belts IIRC, at least with the G0500.

The G1018 doesn't have the handwheel type table adjustments which I think are
nice to have.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE