Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Interesting Stairs - stairs.jpg (0/1)

I hope I did did this without the yEnc thing - at least I tried.

Anyway, thought these stairs wee interesting. Never seen stairs
like the before. Have any of you?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 04:26:24 -0400, Buddy wrote:

I hope I did did this without the yEnc thing - at least I tried.

Anyway, thought these stairs wee interesting. Never seen stairs
like the before. Have any of you?

They look interesting if you want to be different. I don't see them
being very practical if you have any mobility problems though. Stairs
for healthy 20 year olds?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 05:55:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
They look interesting if you want to be different. I don't see them
being very practical if you have any mobility problems though. Stairs
for healthy 20 year olds?

With a limited amount of area to place them, that may have been the
only practical means of access to the next floor. Actually, it looks
very practical to me. Not too many will be taking them two at a time
though, not going up anyway.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Buddy wrote:
I hope I did did this without the yEnc thing - at least I tried.

Anyway, thought these stairs wee interesting. Never seen stairs
like the before. Have any of you?

All those corners would make it even more interesting if you ever
slipped and "fell down the stairs".

--
G.W. Ross

If all goes well, you've overlooked
something!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
LdB LdB is offline

On 8/9/2012 6:54 AM, G. Ross wrote:
Buddy wrote:
I hope I did did this without the yEnc thing - at least I tried.

Anyway, thought these stairs wee interesting. Never seen stairs
like the before. Have any of you?

All those corners would make it even more interesting if you ever
slipped and "fell down the stairs".

The lawyers will love it. Who in their right mind would put something
like that in their house?

LdB

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Buddy" wrote in message news
I hope I did did this without the yEnc thing - at least I tried.

Anyway, thought these stairs wee interesting. Never seen stairs
like the before. Have any of you?
================================================== ===============================
The owners of that house would be well advised to not let anyone other than
immediate family use those stairs. If someone were to fall down them, the
potential for serious injury is many, many times that of a normal staircase.
A personal injury lawyer would look at those and see nothing but big dollar
signs. I care to much about my family to ever put something like that in my
house.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 04:26:24 -0400, Buddy wrote:

I hope I did did this without the yEnc thing - at least I tried.

Anyway, thought these stairs wee interesting. Never seen stairs
like the before. Have any of you?

Those are called "alternating tread stairs". They are used where
there is insufficient footprint for a normal, full-width stairway. The
pitch line for alternating tread stairs can be up to 65 degrees, while
a normal stairway it has to 45 degrees.

-Zz
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Buddy" wrote:

Anyway, thought these stairs wee interesting. Never seen stairs
like the before. Have any of you?

Nope.

Where are they?

Lew

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

================================================= ================================
The owners of that house would be well advised to not let anyone other than
immediate family use those stairs. If someone were to fall down them, the
potential for serious injury is many, many times that of a normal staircase.
A personal injury lawyer would look at those and see nothing but big dollar
signs. I care to much about my family to ever put something like that in my
house.

I'd try them. They are no more difficult that regular stairs. When
you go up or down, you use only one side of the tread anyway so they
eliminated it.

My guess it was done for the novelty just to be different and there is
a normal set of stairs elsewhere. I'm sure they would not meet code
in the US.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Buddy" wrote in message news
I hope I did did this without the yEnc thing - at least I tried.

Anyway, thought these stairs wee interesting. Never seen stairs
like the before. Have any of you?

Have a friend that put these in his cabin. Due to space needed and very
steep. Miserable to carry things going down. Dangerous. WW

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Buddy wrote:
I hope I did did this without the yEnc thing - at least I tried.

Anyway, thought these stairs wee interesting. Never seen stairs
like the before. Have any of you?

What stairs? can not see any.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Buddy" wrote in message
news
I hope I did did this without the yEnc thing - at least I tried.

Anyway, thought these stairs wee interesting. Never seen stairs
like the before. Have any of you?

A variation of what I've heard called Jefferson stairs. As soon as I can
get a pic downsized I'll post the set my project manager came up with for
our 16X24 Colorado[ timberframe] cabin.

Dave in Texas

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 05:55:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
They look interesting if you want to be different. I don't see them
being very practical if you have any mobility problems though. Stairs
for healthy 20 year olds?

With a limited amount of area to place them, that may have been the
only practical means of access to the next floor. Actually, it looks
very practical to me. Not too many will be taking them two at a time
though, not going up anyway.

They are called "Jefferson stairs" after Thomas Jefferson. My 'project
manager' for our tiny [24X16 timberframe] cabin nearing completion in
Colorado came .up with a plan and built a sterling example for access to the
small sleeping loft.
Pictures to follow.

Dave in Texas

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 05:55:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
They look interesting if you want to be different. I don't see them
being very practical if you have any mobility problems though. Stairs
for healthy 20 year olds?

With a limited amount of area to place them, that may have been the
only practical means of access to the next floor. Actually, it looks
very practical to me. Not too many will be taking them two at a time
though, not going up anyway.

I know them as "Jefferson Stairs" apparently dating back to and with
some history to Thomas Jefferson/
Here's the unit my [project manager' came up with and fabricated for a
tiny [24X16] timberframe cabin nearing completion in south-central Colorado.

Dave in Texas
[except when in Colorado]

Attached Thumbnails
Interesting Stairs - stairs.jpg (0/1)-p6300234-jpg  Interesting Stairs - stairs.jpg (0/1)-p6300235-jpg  Interesting Stairs - stairs.jpg (0/1)-p7110238-jpg  Interesting Stairs - stairs.jpg (0/1)-p7110239-jpg  Interesting Stairs - stairs.jpg (0/1)-p7110240-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Innovative, nice looking and practical.
I have made similar steps but not with the break in the tread, and I believe
this is the
Jefferson influence?
One set of steps was on a 70 ft. fishing vessel.
john

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 05:55:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
They look interesting if you want to be different. I don't see them
being very practical if you have any mobility problems though. Stairs
for healthy 20 year olds?

With a limited amount of area to place them, that may have been the
only practical means of access to the next floor. Actually, it looks
very practical to me. Not too many will be taking them two at a time
though, not going up anyway.

I know them as "Jefferson Stairs" apparently dating back to and with
some history to Thomas Jefferson/
Here's the unit my [project manager' came up with and fabricated for a
tiny [24X16] timberframe cabin nearing completion in south-central Colorado.

Dave in Texas
[except when in Colorado]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 08:32:24 -0500, "Dave in Houston"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 05:55:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
They look interesting if you want to be different. I don't see them
being very practical if you have any mobility problems though. Stairs
for healthy 20 year olds?

With a limited amount of area to place them, that may have been the
only practical means of access to the next floor. Actually, it looks
very practical to me. Not too many will be taking them two at a time
though, not going up anyway.

I know them as "Jefferson Stairs" apparently dating back to and with
some history to Thomas Jefferson/
Here's the unit my [project manager' came up with and fabricated for a
tiny [24X16] timberframe cabin nearing completion in south-central Colorado.

Dave in Texas
[except when in Colorado]

Very cool indeed - and thsnks for the pix

Bdy
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Buddy" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 08:32:24 -0500, "Dave in Houston"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 05:55:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
They look interesting if you want to be different. I don't see them
being very practical if you have any mobility problems though. Stairs
for healthy 20 year olds?

With a limited amount of area to place them, that may have been the
only practical means of access to the next floor. Actually, it looks
very practical to me. Not too many will be taking them two at a time
though, not going up anyway.

I know them as "Jefferson Stairs" apparently dating back to and with
some history to Thomas Jefferson/
Here's the unit my [project manager' came up with and fabricated for a
tiny [24X16] timberframe cabin nearing completion in south-central
Colorado.

Dave in Texas
[except when in Colorado]

Very cool indeed - and thsnks for the pix

My pleasure - DJM in Texas

What Stairs Are Tom Watson Woodworking 4 November 11th 08 03:40 PM
Stairs Adrian Rees MW1LCR UK diy 7 December 30th 06 11:23 AM
What to do with these stairs? [email protected] Home Repair 3 October 23rd 06 04:14 PM
Stairs Into Kitchen - 2 sets of stairs ? Andy UK diy 2 January 21st 06 11:00 PM
Carpeting stairs and filling in wood stairs Dantanna Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 11:35 PM