Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Whirlwind....

If I owned Saw Stop I'd be worried! Some of you likely already saw
this...for those that didn't this is a device that is re-settable and
can be installed on a table saw, a band saw etc. I understand that with
the Saw Stop, onc it's activated, you have to replace the cartridge and
it's not cheap.

With this invention you can re-set it as many times as necessary! The
video is worth watching. No price yet....

Keith P

http://www.whirlwindtool.com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 9/19/2011 6:54 AM, Keith wrote:
If I owned Saw Stop I'd be worried! Some of you likely already saw
this...for those that didn't this is a device that is re-settable and
can be installed on a table saw, a band saw etc. I understand that with
the Saw Stop, onc it's activated, you have to replace the cartridge and
it's not cheap.

With this invention you can re-set it as many times as necessary! The
video is worth watching. No price yet....

Keith P

http://www.whirlwindtool.com

Why would you be worried about owning a Saw Stop? Yes you have to
replace the cartridge and blade, $200 but how often do you actually
touch the blade now? And if you do have to replace the blade and
cartridge it is better than the alternative event that it prevented.

The Whirlwind has the major drawback that you have to use the guard and
you no longer have a splitter or riving knife. With out the splitter or
riving knife you will have more burned cuts.

The big plus with the SawStop is that you get a top of the line saw in
addition to a safety mechanism.

Whirlwind will be a good alternative but IMHO it may have inherent draw
backs.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Keith" wrote in message
If I owned Saw Stop I'd be worried! Some of you likely already saw
this...for those that didn't this is a device that is re-settable and can
be installed on a table saw, a band saw etc. I understand that with the
Saw Stop, onc it's activated, you have to replace the cartridge and it's
not cheap.

With this invention you can re-set it as many times as necessary! The
video is worth watching. No price yet....

Keith P

http://www.whirlwindtool.com

It will be interesting to find out how it fares, and how much it costs. I
can see it retrofitted on many saws if the cost is reasonable. .

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:52:23 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:
If I owned Saw Stop I'd be worried! Some of you likely already saw
this...for those that didn't this is a device that is re-settable and
can be installed on a table saw, a band saw etc. I understand that with
the Saw Stop, onc it's activated, you have to replace the cartridge and
it's not cheap.

Why would you be worried about owning a Saw Stop? Yes you have to
replace the cartridge and blade, $200 but how often do you actually
touch the blade now? And if you do have to replace the blade and
cartridge it is better than the alternative event that it prevented.

I believe he was talking about Steven Gass, the inventor who owns the
Sawstop company. A new technology like this could possibly put Saw
Stop out of business.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article ,
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 9/19/2011 6:54 AM, Keith wrote:
If I owned Saw Stop I'd be worried! Some of you likely already saw
this...for those that didn't this is a device that is re-settable and
can be installed on a table saw, a band saw etc. I understand that with
the Saw Stop, onc it's activated, you have to replace the cartridge and
it's not cheap.

With this invention you can re-set it as many times as necessary! The
video is worth watching. No price yet....

Keith P

http://www.whirlwindtool.com

Why would you be worried about owning a Saw Stop? Yes you have to
replace the cartridge and blade, $200 but how often do you actually
touch the blade now? And if you do have to replace the blade and
cartridge it is better than the alternative event that it prevented.

Well, I have a friend that owns a cabinet shop, and he has replaced
the saw-stop cartridge twice. But he still loves it as he is replacing
the other table saw this winter with another saw-stop

The Whirlwind has the major drawback that you have to use the guard and
you no longer have a splitter or riving knife. With out the splitter or
riving knife you will have more burned cuts.

I take it you didn't bother to actually watch all of the promo videos,
including the one that shows how it works with a riving knife

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:24:16 -0230, Keith
wrote:

If I owned Saw Stop I'd be worried! Some of you likely already saw
this...for those that didn't this is a device that is re-settable and
can be installed on a table saw, a band saw etc. I understand that with
the Saw Stop, onc it's activated, you have to replace the cartridge and
it's not cheap.

With this invention you can re-set it as many times as necessary! The
video is worth watching. No price yet....

Keith P

http://www.whirlwindtool.com

Well, I'm not worried. I have a home shop - in a 2 car garage and
bought a Saw Stop about 2 years ago. Most accurate and best damn
table saw I've ever owned or used!

I bought it mainly to alieviate my wife's fears and mine - see I have
an artificial leg (above knee amputee) and since I have little or no
control over my knee, I sometimes fall. I wanted that piece of mind
that if I'm at my table saw and my knee buckled, I would not be
seriously injured....WELL WORTH THE $2500 INVESTMENT!

Gimp
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:
If I owned Saw Stop I'd be worried! Some of you likely already saw
this...for those that didn't this is a device that is re-settable and
can be installed on a table saw, a band saw etc. I understand that with
the Saw Stop, onc it's activated, you have to replace the cartridge and
it's not cheap.

Why would you be worried about owning a Saw Stop? Yes you have to
replace the cartridge and blade, $200 but how often do you actually
touch the blade now? And if you do have to replace the blade and
cartridge it is better than the alternative event that it prevented.

I believe he was talking about Steven Gass, the inventor who owns the
Sawstop company. A new technology like this could possibly put Saw
Stop out of business.

Given that, Saw Stop is a bit more established and offers far more than
the technology. You get a great saw in addition to the technology. I
think Saw Stop might get some competition but not much. Whirl wind is
going to appeal to those that don't want to buy a new saw, those that
don't are not buying the Saw Stop now. IMHO the Saw Stop offers far
more than the Whirlwind even if it is put on a new saw.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 9/20/2011 9:48 AM, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In ,
[...]

I'll take your word for that, I got bored with all the videos. Still
IMHO the guard is going to be the biggest obstacle when trying to
convert seasoned wood workers.

The big plus with the SawStop is that you get a top of the line saw in
addition to a safety mechanism.

Whirlwind will be a good alternative but IMHO it may have inherent draw
backs.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 07:20:07 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:
think Saw Stop might get some competition but not much. Whirl wind is
going to appeal to those that don't want to buy a new saw, those that
don't are not buying the Saw Stop now. IMHO the Saw Stop offers far
more than the Whirlwind even if it is put on a new saw.

There will be one other type of buyer. Those who were (and are still)
p'd off at Gass for trying to get his Sawstop technology mandated.

In any event, if and when Whirlwing becomes a fully available product,
it will be interesting to see how it's sales fare compared to Sawstop.