DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/329523-i-finished-chest-drawers-chest_finished-jpg-1-1-a.html)

[email protected] March 27th 11 04:39 AM

I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)

jloomis March 27th 11 02:54 PM

I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1)

Wow, You must be a proud man with home built new furniture.
Very nice addition and like the patterns use, the decorative turnings,
beaded work and shelving......very nice.
john

Kevin Miller[_2_] March 29th 11 07:52 PM

I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1)

On 03/26/2011 07:39 PM, wrote:

Nice Strat!
(The chest of drawers is just dandy too)

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

[email protected] March 30th 11 03:33 AM

I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:52:45 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

On 03/26/2011 07:39 PM, wrote:

Nice Strat!

Yes! It's a 50th anniversary American made model. Plays nice, stays in tune...
great guitar.

(The chest of drawers is just dandy too)

Thanks!

Tom Del Rosso[_3_] April 3rd 11 11:27 PM

I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1)

What does it cost to buy something like that?

zero, and remove the last word.

[email protected] April 4th 11 06:13 AM

I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1)

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 18:27:33 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

What does it cost to buy something like that?

Do you mean what did it cost me to build it, or what would something like that
cost in a store?

To start with, I didn't build the mirror, it's from the old dresser I had, as
were the feet. I cut them down a bit and re-stained them a bit more red. This
dresser is 10" narrower than the old one, and about 10" higher. It holds more
clothes by far due to design.

I used second grade pine, so the wood was around $100. The drawer slides and
pulls are Hettich and also cost around $100. Stain and Varathane about $35.

To buy it in a store, solid pine, I'd guess $800 or more...

Tom Del Rosso[_3_] April 4th 11 06:24 AM

wrote:

What does it cost to buy something like that?

Do you mean what did it cost me to build it, or what would something
like that cost in a store?

I mean what would it cost to have it made.

To start with, I didn't build the mirror, it's from the old dresser I
had, as were the feet. I cut them down a bit and re-stained them a
bit more red. This dresser is 10" narrower than the old one, and
about 10" higher. It holds more clothes by far due to design.

I used second grade pine, so the wood was around $100. The drawer
slides and pulls are Hettich and also cost around $100. Stain and
Varathane about $35.

To buy it in a store, solid pine, I'd guess $800 or more...

That's about what a Broyhill would cost, but it's not made that well. I
assume some of the posters here make furniture to order, but I never see a
link to anyone's website.

zero, and remove the last word.

[email protected] April 5th 11 02:06 AM

I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1)

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 01:24:16 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"

wrote:

What does it cost to buy something like that?

Do you mean what did it cost me to build it, or what would something
like that cost in a store?

I mean what would it cost to have it made.

To start with, I didn't build the mirror, it's from the old dresser I
had, as were the feet. I cut them down a bit and re-stained them a
bit more red. This dresser is 10" narrower than the old one, and
about 10" higher. It holds more clothes by far due to design.

I used second grade pine, so the wood was around $100. The drawer
slides and pulls are Hettich and also cost around $100. Stain and
Varathane about $35.

To buy it in a store, solid pine, I'd guess $800 or more...

That's about what a Broyhill would cost, but it's not made that well. I
assume some of the posters here make furniture to order, but I never see a
link to anyone's website.

You could always ask the group...

I imagine you need to find someone close to you, shipping would be a bitch!