DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   For Bill (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/316769-bill.html)

Doug Winterburn January 8th 11 05:12 PM

For Bill

1 Attachment(s)
All my tools are on mobile bases as they are parked in one bay of a 3
car garage. This is the DP version, 24" x 24" overall. I would have
made it larger, but this was all the real estate I had between other
tools. The mobile base hardware was from HF when they had a sale years
ago. Their current style is a little different, but still less than
$40. The aux table is from Rockler.

Puckdropper[_2_] January 8th 11 05:58 PM

For Bill

Doug Winterburn wrote in news:4d289ae7$0$19590
:

All my tools are on mobile bases as they are parked in one bay of a 3
car garage. This is the DP version, 24" x 24" overall. I would have
made it larger, but this was all the real estate I had between other
tools. The mobile base hardware was from HF when they had a sale years
ago. Their current style is a little different, but still less than
$40. The aux table is from Rockler.

I like the addition of the stop. I'm constantly marking whatever piece of
wood I'm using for a fence to try to make consistent holes.

Puckdropper

Steve[_52_] January 11th 11 01:29 AM

For Bill

On 2011-01-08 12:12:07 -0500, Doug Winterburn said:

The aux table is from Rockler.

Change the laminate to black and the channel to blue, and it's real
darn close to what Harbor Frieght sells... come to think of it, those
bases are awfully similar to HF's as well, though the locking caster' a
nicer solution than their screw-down pads. Still have the same fixe
wheels at the rear, though.

Morgans January 11th 11 03:40 AM

For Bill

"Steve" wrote

... come to think of it, those
bases are awfully similar to HF's as well, though the locking caster' a
nicer solution than their screw-down pads.

IMHO, locking caster wheels allow the machine to move WAY too much.

I want that sucker to be an immovable object.
--
Jim in NC

Doug Winterburn January 11th 11 04:11 AM

For Bill

On 01/10/2011 08:40 PM, Morgans wrote:

"Steve" wrote
... come to think of it, those bases are awfully similar to HF's as
well, though the locking caster' a nicer solution than their
screw-down pads.

IMHO, locking caster wheels allow the machine to move WAY too much.

I want that sucker to be an immovable object.

The pic shows a pedal operated caster, not a locking caster. When
disengaged, the front two corners sit on fixed pads. It doesn't move at
all.