Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default My latest pen.

This is my latest pen I turned.
TIA
Brian

Attached Thumbnails
My latest pen.-celticknot3-small-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 21:47:43 -0400, "BrianInHampton"
wrote:

This is my latest pen I turned.
TIA
Brian

Nice craftsmanship..
I don't recognize it as a kit, did you turn the lower body out of aluminum or
something?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

This is my latest pen I turned.
TIA
Brian

A nice variation on the standard Sierra kit. What is the makeup of
the kit, especially the center ring?

And more importantly, is that an inlay and please, please how did you
do it?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This is my latest pen I turned.
TIA
Brian

Nice pen. I really like the Celtic knot. I'm partial to Celtic stuff.
I'm curious as to the bottom material; aluminum? It certainly makes
the pen look different. I'd like to see one with wood, not necessarily
the knot, also on the bottom. Keep'em writing!
`Casper
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

This is my latest pen I turned.
TIA
Brian

A nice variation on the standard Sierra kit. What is the makeup of
the kit, especially the center ring?

And more importantly, is that an inlay and please, please how did you
do it?

The rings are blocks of wood glued on to the regular blanks and then cross
cut at an angle and reglued.... That was the quick answer.
The rings go all the way through.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9uQv5sKibk

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This kit is from Woodcraft. It is a Wall Street II. PSI has them too as I
think a sierra..
Thanks for looking!
Brian

--