DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Distressed pcan and cherry sofa table (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/300628-distressed-pcan-cherry-sofa-table.html)

Steve[_52_] March 30th 10 03:12 AM

Distressed pcan and cherry sofa table

2 Attachment(s)

Native Hoosier cherry apron and legs. The top is a fantastically
distressed piece of pecan, split, spalted, insect damage, and a few
knots to keep thins interesting. The butterfly inset is cherry. (The
turnings are not my work. The simple piece on the left is turned from
apple -- I bought that in Ireland. The piece on the right is white ash
burl from a turner in Arkansas.)

Bill March 30th 10 04:26 AM

Distressed pcan and cherry sofa table

"Steve" wrote in message
g.com...

Native Hoosier cherry apron and legs. The top is a fantastically
distressed piece of pecan, split, spalted, insect damage, and a few
knots to keep thins interesting. The butterfly inset is cherry. (The
turnings are not my work. The simple piece on the left is turned from
apple -- I bought that in Ireland. The piece on the right is white ash
burl from a turner in Arkansas.)

Love the legs and the top (can't believe I'm saying that about a piece of
furniture)!

Bill

Mark & Juanita March 30th 10 06:29 AM

Steve wrote:

Native Hoosier cherry apron and legs. The top is a fantastically
distressed piece of pecan, split, spalted, insect damage, and a few
knots to keep thins interesting. The butterfly inset is cherry. (The
turnings are not my work. The simple piece on the left is turned from
apple -- I bought that in Ireland. The piece on the right is white ash
burl from a turner in Arkansas.)

Really like the style on the base. The top is interesting, not my style,
but well executed.

Rob Leatham

Steve[_52_] April 2nd 10 01:47 AM

On 2010-03-31 21:23:16 -0400, "Lew Hodgett" said:

My tapered legs were the same dimensions, assuming a 30" table height.

Must be the camera angle.

Side view is a better representation of the dimensions. This table is
32" tall, better to fit the sofa.

Lew Hodgett[_6_] April 2nd 10 06:16 AM

"Steve" wrote:

Side view is a better representation of the dimensions. This table
is 32" tall, better to fit the sofa.

Must be the 32 vs 30 kinda thing.

Lew