Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Distressed pcan and cherry sofa table

Native Hoosier cherry apron and legs. The top is a fantastically
distressed piece of pecan, split, spalted, insect damage, and a few
knots to keep thins interesting. The butterfly inset is cherry. (The
turnings are not my work. The simple piece on the left is turned from
apple -- I bought that in Ireland. The piece on the right is white ash
burl from a turner in Arkansas.)
Attached Thumbnails
Distressed pcan and cherry sofa table-sofa_table_front_eml-jpg  Distressed pcan and cherry sofa table-sofa_table_side_eml-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Steve" wrote in message
g.com...

Native Hoosier cherry apron and legs. The top is a fantastically
distressed piece of pecan, split, spalted, insect damage, and a few
knots to keep thins interesting. The butterfly inset is cherry. (The
turnings are not my work. The simple piece on the left is turned from
apple -- I bought that in Ireland. The piece on the right is white ash
burl from a turner in Arkansas.)

Love the legs and the top (can't believe I'm saying that about a piece of
furniture)!

Bill

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Steve wrote:

Native Hoosier cherry apron and legs. The top is a fantastically
distressed piece of pecan, split, spalted, insect damage, and a few
knots to keep thins interesting. The butterfly inset is cherry. (The
turnings are not my work. The simple piece on the left is turned from
apple -- I bought that in Ireland. The piece on the right is white ash
burl from a turner in Arkansas.)

Really like the style on the base. The top is interesting, not my style,
but well executed.

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 2010-03-31 21:23:16 -0400, "Lew Hodgett" said:

My tapered legs were the same dimensions, assuming a 30" table height.

Must be the camera angle.

Side view is a better representation of the dimensions. This table is
32" tall, better to fit the sofa.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Steve" wrote:

Side view is a better representation of the dimensions. This table
is 32" tall, better to fit the sofa.

Must be the 32 vs 30 kinda thing.

Lew

finishing cherry sofa table Andrew Barss Woodworking 3 November 22nd 05 05:03 PM
My Maple Sofa Table -w/Drawer Handles stoutman Woodworking 0 October 17th 05 12:16 AM
Sofa Table Max Woodworking 1 April 3rd 05 06:59 AM
Sofa Table Max Woodworking 3 March 15th 05 12:39 PM
Sofa / Hall Table Height? patrick conroy Woodworking 14 September 10th 04 06:35 PM