Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Shop bench or table with flip up sides

Photos of shop table using flip-up wings to get more tools into a
compact area. The sides flipped up and were held in place by
coffee table-type braces that locked in place. Care was taken to
angle tools or adjust tool height so that there was little
conflict.

--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by
handing him a diploma. Schools need standards
to measure the amount of education actually
absorbed by children. Don't sacrifice the smart
kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.

Attached Thumbnails
Shop bench or table with flip up sides-lws-table-benchtop-tools-1-jpg  Shop bench or table with flip up sides-lws-table-benchtop-tools-jpg  Shop bench or table with flip up sides-lws-table-benchtop-tools1-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Nonny" wrote in news:eEEKm.29643$W77.28910
@newsfe11.iad:

Photos of shop table using flip-up wings to get more tools into a
compact area. The sides flipped up and were held in place by
coffee table-type braces that locked in place. Care was taken to
angle tools or adjust tool height so that there was little
conflict.

What's the yellow machine in the second picture on the lower left? It
looks quite a bit like my ShopMate Sabre-lathe. (But there are some major
differences.)

Puckdropper
--
diff is my favorite *nix tool
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
"Nonny" wrote in news:eEEKm.29643$W77.28910
@newsfe11.iad:

Photos of shop table using flip-up wings to get more tools into
compact area. The sides flipped up and were held in place by
coffee table-type braces that locked in place. Care was taken
angle tools or adjust tool height so that there was little
conflict.

What's the yellow machine in the second picture on the lower
left? It
looks quite a bit like my ShopMate Sabre-lathe. (But there are
some major
differences.)

Puckdropper

Sorry about that. It's an old Monkey Ward dual shaft bench
grinder that I converted into a buff. I bought it as a youngster
at an estate sale for a dime, and got all my money's worth out of
it and a bit more. Most all of my bench tools were acquired
during my college and early marriage days from estate sales;
workspace and money were a lot tighter then. Grin

Since I seldom used the buff, it was one of the machines kept on
the flip-up wing and left "down" most all of the time.

There were several of the smaller benchtop tools I kept and used
as the shop grew. For instance, I had a decent floor-mounted long
bed joiner. However, I still kept and used the little 4" Rockwell
benchtop joiner as well, since I set it up with carbide blades,
tuned it up to about as perfect as I could get it, set it for a
very thin cut and found that it was faster and easier to use than
the big one when it came to small items that needed just a little
"nudge."

The PM66 TS I had was floor mounted over a 6" dust collector duct.
However, many of even the big floor tools were on a roller base so
that I could wheel them around for the long stuff, but keep them
out of the way otherwise. I'd build a hood or attachment for them
so that the DC would still be usable via a long flex pipe.

One exception was with the long bed joiner. There, the chips fell
out of a sloped slot in the base and there was little actual dust.
The base I made for it was long enough that I could simply keep a
trash can under the slot to collect the chips. Wherever I wheeled
the joiner, the chips were still collected.

--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by
handing him a diploma. Schools need standards
to measure the amount of education actually
absorbed by children. Don’t sacrifice the smart
kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Nonny" wrote in message
Photos of shop table using flip-up wings to get more tools into a
compact area. The sides flipped up and were held in place by
coffee table-type braces that locked in place. Care was taken to
angle tools or adjust tool height so that there was little
conflict.

--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by
handing him a diploma. Schools need standards
to measure the amount of education actually
absorbed by children. Don't sacrifice the smart
kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.

Clever innovation there for an air hose hanger. {:-)

Max