DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A piece of ash.. the saga continues (1/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/289803-piece-ash-saga-continues-1-1-a.html)

mac davis[_5_] October 19th 09 05:32 PM

A piece of ash.. the saga continues (1/1)

2 Attachment(s)

Bill October 20th 09 01:28 AM

A piece of ash.. the saga continues (1/1)

"mac davis" wrote in message

It's awesome.... Thanks for sharing the pics.

Bill

mac davis[_5_] October 20th 09 07:05 AM

A piece of ash.. the saga continues (1/1)

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:28:17 -0400, "Bill" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

It's awesome.... Thanks for sharing the pics.

Bill

You're welcome, Bill..
I try to keep this group going when I have stuff in progress that others might
learn or get ideas from..

I was hoping to have it finished days ago, but time restrictions, design changes
and weather have slowed it down.. We had a warm front come in suddenly and we've
had a week of 60 - 70% humidity and it really slows the curing time of the
Danish oil..

Two hardest parts of the creativity process for me are not rushing a piece,
(multiple chucks help here), and knowing when to stop..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Bill October 21st 09 02:36 AM

"mac davis" wrote in message

Two hardest parts of the creativity process for me are not rushing a
piece,
(multiple chucks help here), and knowing when to stop..

mac

I've been designing a workbench for a couple weeks now, tinkering with
SketchUp
software (new to me). Amazing how many questions came up after I thought I
was basically
finished with the design. My pencil and paper sketches let me slip by too
easily.. : )
I'll post pics of my bench when it is finished (probably this July). Good
luck with your work!

Bill