Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Make-up Counter Stool

Well I am finally back/able to look and post to the group again.

Anyway I built this stool for a customer, he wanted to give it to his wife
for their wedding anniversary and to replace the tired and worn out one.

the stool was designed on Sketchup and presented to the customer for
approval.

The stool is mainly maple but I added walnut trim and on the exterior
surfaces of the aprons and legs I added Quilted Maple veneer that I cut
from a piece of 3x3x36" Quilted maple. I cut the 3/32" veneers on my Laguna
band saw and went straight to the stool parts for glue up, no prep sanding
needed for the glue up.

Attached Thumbnails
Make-up Counter Stool-2009_02070046-%5B640x480%5D-jpg  Make-up Counter Stool-2009_02070042-%5B640x480%5D-jpg  Make-up Counter Stool-2009_02070044-%5B640x480%5D-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 13:51:33 -0500, Leon wrote:

Well I am finally back/able to look and post to the group again.

Anyway I built this stool for a customer, he wanted to give it to his wife
for their wedding anniversary and to replace the tired and worn out one.

the stool was designed on Sketchup and presented to the customer for
approval.

The stool is mainly maple but I added walnut trim and on the exterior
surfaces of the aprons and legs I added Quilted Maple veneer that I cut
from a piece of 3x3x36" Quilted maple. I cut the 3/32" veneers on my Laguna
band saw and went straight to the stool parts for glue up, no prep sanding
needed for the glue up.

Beautiful job Leon. I like the walnut trim.
I'm sure the wife was very happy to receive the stool.

Paul T.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Out-West" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you.
Actually I am still setting on it, so to speak, this anniversary present
gets delivered in a week or two.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Well I am finally back/able to look and post to the group again.

Anyway I built this stool for a customer, he wanted to give it to his wife
for their wedding anniversary and to replace the tired and worn out one.

the stool was designed on Sketchup and presented to the customer for
approval.

The stool is mainly maple but I added walnut trim and on the exterior
surfaces of the aprons and legs I added Quilted Maple veneer that I cut
from a piece of 3x3x36" Quilted maple. I cut the 3/32" veneers on my
Laguna band saw and went straight to the stool parts for glue up, no prep
sanding needed for the glue up.

Love it ... the execution is very "crisp"!

*Excellent* work ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
Well I am finally back/able to look and post to the group again.

Anyway I built this stool for a customer, he wanted to give it to his
wife for their wedding anniversary and to replace the tired and worn out
one.

the stool was designed on Sketchup and presented to the customer for
approval.

The stool is mainly maple but I added walnut trim and on the exterior
surfaces of the aprons and legs I added Quilted Maple veneer that I cut
from a piece of 3x3x36" Quilted maple. I cut the 3/32" veneers on my
Laguna band saw and went straight to the stool parts for glue up, no prep
sanding needed for the glue up.

Love it ... the execution is very "crisp"!

*Excellent* work ...

Well thank you sir, but you have seen it before. I was just trying out the
Gaganews "thang".

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote

Well thank you sir, but you have seen it before.

Yeah, on your tiny damn cell phone.!

I was just trying out the Gaganews "thang".

Go ahead, post the SU file/pdf you showed me before you actually built the
table so we can compare how well you executed your plan!

www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Well I am finally back/able to look and post to the group again.

Anyway I built this stool for a customer, he wanted to give it to his wife
for their wedding anniversary and to replace the tired and worn out one.

the stool was designed on Sketchup and presented to the customer for
approval.

The stool is mainly maple but I added walnut trim and on the exterior
surfaces of the aprons and legs I added Quilted Maple veneer that I cut
from a piece of 3x3x36" Quilted maple. I cut the 3/32" veneers on my
Laguna band saw and went straight to the stool parts for glue up, no prep
sanding needed for the glue up.

Very neat. I notice that the quilting runs perpendicular to the grain; is
that typical for quilted maple? [Guess I either haven't played with enough
quilted maple, or I wasn't paying attention]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:51:33 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Well I am finally back/able to look and post to the group again.

Anyway I built this stool for a customer, he wanted to give it to his wife
for their wedding anniversary and to replace the tired and worn out one.

the stool was designed on Sketchup and presented to the customer for
approval.

The stool is mainly maple but I added walnut trim and on the exterior
surfaces of the aprons and legs I added Quilted Maple veneer that I cut
from a piece of 3x3x36" Quilted maple. I cut the 3/32" veneers on my Laguna
band saw and went straight to the stool parts for glue up, no prep sanding
needed for the glue up.

Fine lookin piece Leon. whacha gonna do for a top? walnut? maple?
both? fabric over plywood? Inquiring minds and all that.... Or did I
skip read again? :-]

skeez
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Make-up Counter Stool PDF file

PDF of Sketchup drawing

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Diane Stool.pdf (427.8 KB, 35 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
news
Leon wrote:

[...]

Well actually I had my head elsewhere when I posted the description of the
wood. It is actually Tiger Maple, hence the stripes. I must have been
thinking about a large hunk of "Quilted Maple that I received as a gift
from a very very good friend.
But to answer your question the Tiger Stripes can run perpendicular to the
grain. It kinda makes you think about which direction to sand the piece.
;~)

Thank you

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

Fine lookin piece Leon. whacha gonna do for a top? walnut? maple?
both? fabric over plywood? Inquiring minds and all that.... Or did I
skip read again? :-]

skeez

Thank you. The top has a piece of 1/2" Baltic Birch plywood covered with 2"
thick dense foam rubber, covered with batting, and then covered with a heavy
grey/beige fabric.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
news

Well actually I had my head elsewhere when I posted the description of the
wood. It is actually Tiger Maple, hence the stripes. I must have been
thinking about a large hunk of "Quilted Maple that I received as a gift
from a very very good friend.
But to answer your question the Tiger Stripes can run perpendicular to the
grain. It kinda makes you think about which direction to sand the piece.
;~)

Thank you

As a side note here, I originally was only going to use regular Maple and
Walnut. When I applied a wood material finish to the Sketchup drawing it
strongly resembled Tiger Maple. It so happened I had a 3x3x36" Tiger Maple
table leg blank that I have been saving for the right veneer project. If
you take a look at the post, Make-up Counter Stool PDF File, you will see a
strong resemblance of the drawing and the final product. Be careful the PDF
is pretty big.

Make-up counter stool Leon Woodworking 7 March 9th 09 11:23 PM
Under counter sink not flush in granite counter [email protected] Home Repair 8 May 30th 08 05:28 PM
Stool Larry Spitz Woodworking Plans and Photos 13 October 19th 07 09:57 PM
MILKING STOOL - ? J T Woodworking 1 May 1st 07 04:56 PM
STOOL J T Woodworking 0 December 18th 05 05:47 PM