Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Dewalt Track Saw

Anybody had a chance to see / fondle the new Dewalt Tracksaw?
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=963-602&LARGEVIEW=ON
They tout it for portable work, but I could see real benefits for in-shop
breaking down of sheet goods. However, right now it looks a bit spendy.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This saw was being demo'd at a Woodwork show in York, PA last weekend.
Opposite from this vendor was the Festtool vendor, who have a similar and
expensive product.

The blade is custom, about 6 1/2in. Although not large, the specs state it
will cut upto 2 1/8 in thick.

The track has friction strips on the bottom, or else is clamped with a
custom version of an Irwin Quick clamp. Head replaced by piece of steel
which goes into the strip.

The saw was fairly quite compared to every other circular saw I have used.
When attached to a dust collector, it really did minimize the sawdust.
Quite impressive.

At the show the price was something like $470. They were throwing in extra
48 in track so that by joining could cut 8 ft long sheet goods.

If I did not own a circular saw and decent guide, or a table saw, I would be
tempted. It would be much easier to cut large sections of sheet goods with
this saw than even a table saw with 50 in fence, which I do not own.

The saw blade is fully retracted in the "off" position. Only lowers when
the trigger is "on" position.

I think DeWalt are pricing to compete with Festtool, namely very high end.

Dave Paine.

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...

Anybody had a chance to see / fondle the new Dewalt Tracksaw?
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=963-602&LARGEVIEW=ON
They tout it for portable work, but I could see real benefits for in-shop
breaking down of sheet goods. However, right now it looks a bit spendy.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Tyke wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the information. Did you check out the Festool (other than
price :-) )?

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...

Anybody had a chance to see / fondle the new Dewalt Tracksaw?
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=963-602&LARGEVIEW=ON
They tout it for portable work, but I could see real benefits for in-shop
breaking down of sheet goods. However, right now it looks a bit spendy.

New Dewalt Saw - Dewalt Support Response Dave - Parkville, MD Woodworking 2 January 31st 08 04:44 PM
T-track P.Thorsted Woodworking 3 November 16th 06 04:55 PM
T-Track Patt Woodworking 17 July 22nd 06 02:34 AM
FA: DeWalt Cordless Tools, DeWalt 8" Radial Arm Saw Marty Escarcega Woodworking 0 April 25th 06 10:50 AM
T-track - where should it go ? nigel Woodworking 3 November 1st 04 12:07 AM